Need help signing a Certificate of Ownership
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jandy on 7/20/05 12:53pm
Msg #53368

Hi Guys,

I need to find out if I need to fill all fill in the blank fields of the CO, it is as follows:

Before me, the Undersigned authorized, on this day personally appeared __________(I know this is where I need to write the signer's signature) known to me to be the person________whose name __________is/are subscibed to the foregoing instrument and acknowledged to me that___________he__________is/are the owner of the above-named business and that ___________he_______________signed the same for the purpose and consideration therein expressed.

****I don't think I need to fill anything out except for the signer's signature, but the kind of long blank spaces are making me have second thoughts. Could someone please help me out. Thanks.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/20/05 2:14pm
Msg #53383

Before me, the Undersigned authorized, on this day personally appeared _____(1)_____ known to me to be the person___(2)_____whose name ___(2)_______is/are subscibed to the foregoing instrument and acknowledged to me that_____(3)______he____(4)______is/are the owner of the above-named business and that ___(3)________he________(4)_______signed the same for the purpose and consideration therein expressed.

(1) PRINTED Name(s) of signer or signers (not signatures)
(2) "s" if there are more than one signer, otherwise leave it blank
(3) "s" if there is only one signer AND the signer is female; "t" if there is more than one signer; otherwise leave it blank
(4) "y" if there is more than one signer, otherwise leave it blank

Reply by Jandy on 7/20/05 3:17pm
Msg #53414

Thanks!

Reply by CinSignsNY on 7/20/05 11:03pm
Msg #53481

Paw you are so insightful, and I appreciate your help too!!!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/21/05 9:16am
Msg #53554

Thank you.

It is nice to hear that ones efforts are appreciated.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.