Notary Rotary
Need some advice
Notary Discussion History

Need some advice
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by mes/IL on 7/14/05 10:17am
Msg #51986

Need some advice

On May 26th I did a refi for a ss that I have frequently worked for and been paid in a very timely manner,usually within 3-4 weeks.Received a check from them this week,but it was for a signing I did for them in mid June.When I called to see why I still haven't received payment from the 5/26 closing,I was told that the borrower canceled and they would try to send me what they could,meaning I would not get my full fee.I also called another co that owes me from the the 1st of June, and was told that the borrower decided to sell her house a week after the refi I did with her and again I would be waiting for payment.I have never encountered either one of these scenarios and feel like I am being strung along.I could understand if I did something wrong that these both were not funded,but that is not the case.Any suggestions or input.Thanks...

Reply by Klilly on 7/14/05 10:22am
Msg #51988

I'm waiting for the answer to this one as well. Although it's never happened to me (and I'm not an attorney), if you're contracted to do a job and you've fulfilled your end of the contractual obligation, you should be paid. Whatever happens after your contract has ended shouldn't be your problem. Any others with comments?

Reply by ColleenCA on 7/14/05 10:29am
Msg #51992

You completed your end of the agreement. You do not work for commission. It is not your fault that the loan didn't fund. I would demand the agreed upon payment and not do any more work for that company until they pay you what you are owed.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/14/05 10:30am
Msg #51993

I agree. You went out and did what you were contracted to do, so you should get your full fee.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/14/05 10:30am
Msg #51995

And post their names here! n/m

Reply by NJ Notary on 7/14/05 10:40am
Msg #52002

Re: And post their names here! n/m

You should turn them into Dunn and Bradstreet to try to reco-op your money. Also, list their names online so other notaries can avoid using them.

Reply by mes/IL on 7/14/05 12:12pm
Msg #52074

Re: And post their names here! n/m

Just got off the phone with both co's after once again trying to find out when I can expect payment.The first co is Nat Document SS.After speaking to the bookkeeper and explaining to him the situation,he told me he will send the check today.I told him that I successfully completed the signing,it wasn't my problem that the borrower canceled.He was very curteous and I think I will deal with him from now on.There is one female who works there that is a bit difficult and I will bypass her if I ever encounter another problem.One problem solved...Called the other co which is Newline Funding.Was now told that the borrowers house that I did the refi on was not sold it was in foreclosure!! and she is in court trying to get her house back!!When I again said that's not my problem,I should be paid regardless,she had the nerve to say,"Honey,do you want more business from me,can't you wait".I in turn said to her,if you can't pay me,why would I want to get more business from you.I was really angry at how she was treating me,especially the "honey" part.When I asked her when I can expect payment she told me she will call when the borrower gets her house back and refinances once again!!!I asked in turn,"one month, 3 months down the line?" I am so angry I just had to vent...Especially this one paid $150.I'm starting to think that these co's that are so willing to offer $150 are the ones who are the slowest paying.Sign on the X has called me at least 8 times in the past few weeks,I just let it go to voicemail...Well, thanks for everyones input,it helps alot when I get so frustrated!!By the way, I really have to say that National Document SS has always been a good co to work for and I am glad this was resolved as I really would like to stay working for them.They are probably the quickest in terms of getting emailed docs out,its ALWAYS within the hour after confirmation.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.