Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
No One Owns a Lexmark e232 or e234??!!??!?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by jp_CA on 7/16/05 2:57am
Msg #52649

Looking to buy one possibly today/tomorrow. This is my second posting about this particular make and model laser printer.

ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated!

thanks Smiley

Reply by KimTX on 7/16/05 4:41pm
Msg #52686

I have seen the Lexmark brand in a lot of title companies, and I own a small Lexmark color printer. I don't know anything about this particular models, but Lexmark is a good brand. Sorry I'm not able to offer better/more advice. Hope it works out well for you!

Reply by kynotary on 7/16/05 6:47pm
Msg #52712

jp, why are you interested in the lexmark brand, the reason that I am asking is that I have had an HP for years with no problems and am considering buying another printer for backup, possibly a color laser, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/16/05 8:12pm
Msg #52730

Re:E232..the toner cartridges are expensive

I just got back from staples. I was looking for a small back-up laser for my other computer. I was looking for cheap but fast. I just purchased a hp 1020 for $149 and saw that the cartridges are $60 staple brand and even cheaper online.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/16/05 9:17pm
Msg #52740

Re: Re:E232..the toner cartridges are expensive

Glad you said "for my other computer", as the HP 1020 is not suitable for a lot of edocs... it doesn't support PCL; it is a host based (i.e. Windows GDI) printer. And, with only 2Mb of memory, it may not even work well with the PDF documents.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/16/05 11:54pm
Msg #52765

I did a test on some docs..it worked with a little tweeking

Hey Paw,

I did set it up and it did print a complete edoc packet in 30 min with no problems. I woudn't use it for other stuff, but I do other documents and this does fine.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/17/05 12:01am
Msg #52767

Re: I did a test on some docs..it worked with a little tweek

Properly prepared PDF edoc files should not present any problems. It those humongous image PDF files that causes all sorts of memory overrun problems. And, had you tried to print an Countrywide or Chase (SecureSignIt) or other "pcl required" file, it probably would have failed.

Don't get me wrong, GDI printers such as the 1020 are great printers at a bargain price. Just don't be alarmed when it goes bonkers on some docs.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/17/05 12:50pm
Msg #52798

Countrywides are for the 4200..

I am setting up a complete office for my husband. He is doing merchandising and this system is for him. I have my own stuff and I don't want to intermingle our stuff. Keeps the family drama to a minimum

Reply by Elisa-CA on 7/24/05 4:35pm
Msg #54296

I found a good deal today on this printer today at Staples. Does anyone own it? It's $100.00. I haven't read anything about this really so any input would be great. Thank-you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.