Notary Rotary
No Payment - Co: Sign on the X
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by james M./ New jersey on 7/13/05 1:10pm
Msg #51657

Has anyone been having trouble getting paid from these signing companies. I did two closing in April for them and still haven't been paid. I am about to put a lein on the borrowers property
Is anyone else having these type of problems??

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/13/05 1:13pm
Msg #51659

Re: Here we go Again N/M

Reply by Calnotary on 7/13/05 1:14pm
Msg #51660

I dont think you can put a lien in the borrowers property, since they already pay you thru the SS, the SS is the one who kept your money. Besides in order to put a lien in the property you should
have a judgement I think, since I m not a lawyer, this is just my opinion.

Reply by Joanne_SL on 7/13/05 1:17pm
Msg #51665

I just won't do any signings for them as it took me over six months to get paid. The borrower did not hire you - I don't believe you can put a lien on their property. I would call the title company for the closing and let them know you have not been paid.

Reply by Roger/OH on 7/13/05 3:04pm
Msg #51706

Had you done a search here, you'd have seen numerous negative messages about SOX. Forget too about the borrower's property; they are not involved in the payment issue, as SOX
is the one that owes you for services..

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/13/05 4:02pm
Msg #51740

"I did two closing in April for them and still haven't been paid. I am about to put a lein on the borrowers property"

OK, this cracked me up.

I think you have a lot to learn about this business James.

Reply by NY Notary on 7/13/05 6:26pm
Msg #51802

your beating a poor dead horse.

If you are working for a new company, please please always look on this board before following through with the appointment.
It will save you a lot of trouble, and hopefully eventually these crooks will be out of business.

Reply by droman on 7/13/05 7:06pm
Msg #51814

They owed me for a closing from Feb and then again in April. I get faxing and calling and leaving messages, and finally I would not accept voicemail and told whoever answered the phone that I wanted to speak to someone LIVE. I told her if I didn't get payment I was going to go through reporting to the BBB and such. I received my payment. Then they had the nerve to call me for another closing. I told them NO, that I had asked to be removed from their database and never to call me again. They take too long to pay, and won't unless you harrass them, and they don't even pay well.

Reply by Anon on 7/13/05 7:26pm
Msg #51825

The borrower is not the person who hired you; SOX did, so a lien on the borrower would be a waste of your time and will be dismissed. Furthermore, you have no legal claim to place a lien on the borrower's property. You need to report them to the BBB, the Attorney General's Offices of your state, and CA, call them everyday, and fax your invoice everyday.

Then, never, ever work for them, and dedicate part of your life to warning everyone on every website you can find to stay away from this company.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.