Notary Rotary
Not all are happy with Notaryclasses.com
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/12/05 12:37pm
Msg #51270

This fell off of the front page.http://www.notaryrotary.com/forums/forumsbody.asp?id=&forumid=1AAA00000003&messageid=1AAA00097261&action=view&rid=&replytonbr=&replytoid=&subject=&format=threaded

While no company could possibly make everyone happy, this posters complaints are fairly common and that in addidtion to the dishonest advertising would give me serious questions of accepting any role as a independent contractor.

If memory serves me right, some of the instructors are also hocking there own books and materials for sale to students in these classes

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/12/05 12:43pm
Msg #51272

Not to quibble, but ...

... the post may be more understandable if you substitute "hawking their" (i.e., trying to sell) for "hocking there" (i.e., offering as collateral). If I understand Dogmonger's post, some instructors are attempting to sell their own products to their students. Sounds unethical to me, but what do I know?r

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/12/05 12:54pm
Msg #51278

No offense taken

That was meant as subtle humor, as in hocking up a luggie, and old and disgusting reference to a childhood saying. To obscure a reference for anyone but me, and probably the wrong spelling to also:-)

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/12/05 12:56pm
Msg #51279

Aha! (laughter) Now it makes sense! n/m

Reply by CekimonCA on 7/12/05 1:07pm
Msg #51293

Re: Aha! (laughter) Now it makes sense! n/m

I was in a class where the instructors were selling CDs with blank documents on the disk. For like practice at home or print your own blank acknowledgements. something like that. also at my actual class for my license, they were selling supplies (journal/ink etc.) Not sure if that was instructors doing it on the side or not.

Reply by DogmongerCA on 7/12/05 1:13pm
Msg #51298

I am replying under my login

so others will not confuse me with other AOL posters. Was a disgusting reference, but somewhat appropriate to some of the advertisements and business practices of some people. JMHO :-)

Reply by christiSocal on 7/13/05 12:40am
Msg #51498

Hey, Dog

That saying is still very much alive. My boys (24, 21, 16) all love it. much to my disgust, they go outside to " hock their luggies often. I guess I should be grateful they do go outside Smiley

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/13/05 8:54am
Msg #51547

I am glad to know I am in good company

However disgusting my childhood was:_)

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/12/05 4:27pm
Msg #51368

#51042 for easier reference to some.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.