Notary Rotary
Notary Network
Notary Discussion History

Notary Network
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by ColleenCA on 7/13/05 2:23pm
Msg #51694

Notary Network

I did a search and all that comes up is 24/7 National Notary Network. Anyone hear of Notary Network and if so, what do you think?

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/13/05 2:32pm
Msg #51699

Re: Notary Network- Funny you should ask

Actually I just did a job for them this morning. Its still too early to rate. they ahve a website www.notary-network.com and PO Box in Orange. The escrow company asked me to send my invoince directly to them. We'll see how it goes. Good luck

Reply by ColleenCA on 7/13/05 2:35pm
Msg #51702

Re: Notary Network- Funny you should ask

It was very strange when I called the number back which came in on my cell, the recpt. answered "may I help you". No company name. When I asked what company this was, she hung up on me. I called back and said "you just hung up on me when I asked what company this was". She said "I don't know because the phone company is having trouble with their main switch". I said, " well this number came through on my cell phone and I would like to find out who is calling me." She put me on hold, came back on the line and said "notary network." It all sounded fishy to me, so I thought I would ask here before agreeing to any signing with them. Thanks.

Reply by Midwest on 7/13/05 3:09pm
Msg #51711

Charles....Re: Notary Network- Funny you should ask

Did you mail them your info like they requested or did you just fill out the online form? The language they use makes me laugh. Something to the effect of....... Notary's that follow the rules from day one will be utilized and others will not. What happens when they break the rules?

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/13/05 3:13pm
Msg #51713

Re: They get a spanking and a time out N/m

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/13/05 5:28pm
Msg #51782

Re: Notary-Network.com

Actually they probably use a subscription 800 number service. Especially for you ladies that may be a leve of security you might be interested in. I use an 800 service called Freedomvoice Systems (www.freedomvoice.com) and couldn't be happier, not form a security standpoint but because I travel the State of California a lot and even though I have call forwarding it doesn't always catch me where I am. My 800 system is not answered by humans but is computerized and has a number of boxes. The systems start at around $19 a month plus a per minute charge of around 4 to 6 cents. My voice mails come right to my laptop and I ahve 10 mailboxes with fax, faxback, and an information system that clients can navigate to get a lot of infomation. For instance when I have a house listed instead of just putting my telephone number on it I put the phone number and an extension. When the customer dials the extension there are options for getting voice information regarding the listing or they can ask for a faxbalk and the system will fax them information on the listing. Also there is a phone number capture system included which leaves me the telephone number the call was made regardless of whether the call is form a regular phone or an unlisted phone. One of the nice features of such a system is that when yhou get a call and it is logged that phone number now has a business relationship with you and therefore is out of the perview of the do-not-call system. I respect people and if they object to being called I remove them immediately, I believe in the golden rule and wish people had the decency to do the same when I request it.

I don't know if we are speaking about the same people, address is a P O Box in the City of Orange. I have little problem giving a new company the benefit of the doubt. I collect agressivly and most always get paid and late fees also. Withe company boing in the City of Orange I know that I find the guy who contacted me and drop by to collect on the spot, it usually works for me.

In this case I suspect that the payment is coming from the Title Co and I ahve yet to get stiffed by a title co. I'd give them a chance even though on the surface it might look iffy. By the way I don't sign up with companies often, I don't like to be tied to their terms because it seems that every signing I do is different and does not even come close to a standard. I am free to negotiate each request and I do. I market in many different ways and I don't wnat to be offensive but it appears to me that signing up with 100's of signing agencies is for newbies. If I was an SS I'd hate to be deluged with these tons of requests knowing that each one is a crapshoot: possibly having someone who has never signeed before. That is why you start seeing such unprofessional tactics as geting the lowest price, making unreasonable demands, giving tests etc.

Anyway I'll give Notary-Network a chance, I don't have a contract, they met my fee and gave me no grief about my work. Now if they don't pay me, or I hear that they haven't paid several of you I'll never work for them again. You can't expect to run a SS company by not paying your contractors, because if you screw your help they'll screw you in many more ways than you can ever imagine. Just check out some of the ideas you guys have floated out about getting even with non-paying SS Smiley

Best regards,
Charles

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/13/05 6:09pm
Msg #51794

Re: Charles....Re: Notary Network- Redux

I just ran this company down and the principal was orginally licensed by the DRE in 1980, was invovled in ther California Real Estate boom unitl it went bust in 1990, turned to brokering mortgages for a small brokerage and is now doing closings as a SS. I don't really see a red flag. There has been no disciplinary action byt the DRE, maybe the guy is a newbie SS Smiley

Regards,
Charles

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.