Notary Rotary
Notary Stamps
Notary Discussion History

Notary Stamps
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Barb_NY on 7/3/05 10:58am
Msg #49679

Notary Stamps

I recently purchased a new notary stamp through NNA. It advertised as their best. Well, I have had it replaced 4 times because (and may it is me) I cannot control the ink. Every time I stamp the impression goes through the page. If I stamp too lightly it is uneven. Finally I had it replaced with a differnt kink of stamp. Same problem.

When I was a FL notary I ordered a stamp through Notary Public Underwriters, Inc. (a Trodat) printy 4913. It was the best. But they don't issue stamps for NY.

Does anybody have any suggestions. I am not without a stamp but I would like to get one with a border around it like my FL stamp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If anyone has one of the "elite" stamps from the NNA and is successful getting a good impression, I would appreciate the secret.

Thanks

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/3/05 11:01am
Msg #49680

Notary Rotary sells excellent stamps.

Reply by Barb_NY on 7/3/05 11:40am
Msg #49683

I see they have several models. Can you suggest any particular model/style? Have you every had the problem I described with a stamp? Thanks.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 7/3/05 11:57am
Msg #49684

The NNA does have a Crystal Clear Stamp that has a border. You'll have to go to the supply catagory and then the ...."Official Notary Seals" section. This is a self inker.

Reply by Barb_NY on 7/3/05 12:14pm
Msg #49688

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear from you. I have that one now. I had them exchange the Elite for that one after several tries with the Elite. I still get over inking. Do you think I am doing something wrong. The border always bleeds through the page. I guess that is not the worst thing in the world except if you have 2-sided docs. With the Crystal clear, if I try to print lighter I get an uneven image of the verbage.

Reply by Jenni/CA on 7/3/05 1:04pm
Msg #49692

I had that one too, same problem. I returned it. Got one thru a local stamp company.

Reply by Sheila Meinecke on 7/3/05 2:05pm
Msg #49694

Re: Notary Stamps how to get a new one

if I sent my orginal certificate to obtain a stamp, how do I get a new (authorization to produce etc) one? can I call or do it online? TIA

Reply by Donna_CA on 7/3/05 3:38pm
Msg #49696

I don't know what state you're in Sheila but for California you simply send a written request for another certificate of authorization to the notary public section where your original certificate was issued. There is no cost.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 7/3/05 3:50pm
Msg #49698

Thanks I am in CA, I will write them a note. Hope it doesnt take too long

Reply by John_NorCal on 7/3/05 12:08pm
Msg #49686

I bought mine from Notary Rotary. I think it's one of the best , if not the best. I bought the Ulti Mark, initially the ink will flow freely, but after you use it on a scrap paper for awhile, it evens out. The impression is clear.

Reply by Barb_NY on 7/3/05 12:15pm
Msg #49689

Thanks so much for your response.

Reply by sheila in san jose ca on 7/3/05 1:25pm
Msg #49693

barb i have had the same problem with the elite stamp (jurat) that I got from NNA, I got the return label to send it back, and decided to try it a little longer. It seems that the more I use it, the ink is not so juicy now and it is getting better, doesnt bleed as much, so I might keep it after all. try stamping it on scrap paper over and over until it gets to a good consisentcy.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 7/3/05 5:49pm
Msg #49704

I got that clear one only for backup. Other than a few times when I got it, never really used it. It seemed ok at the time, but I think I'll go back and look closer at the impression. Actually I thought I'd be able to see the lines, but it dosen't work like advertised.

Reply by Barb_NY on 7/3/05 7:41pm
Msg #49707

Thank you all.

It's good to know I am not imagining the problem. LOL

Reply by Bob-Chicago on 7/3/05 11:52pm
Msg #49732

My Choice

I have had my MAXSTAMP 9200 for over three years
Puchased from a UPS store
Easy and comfortable to use
Made from metal with an open base for tight areas
Long lasting ink supply (1,000 + impressions)
I have used it in excess of 25,000 times and the impression looks as good as the day I got it.

Reply by JurneiCA on 7/4/05 12:19am
Msg #49734

So funny, I purchased the same "elite" stamp from Natonal Notary and had the same difficulties. I sent many sample impressions to them along with a certificate to make a new stamp for SS in CA, and they sent me a new different model for free. They also sent me a new "elite" for free. So obviously, they have heard this problem before. Notary Rotary has great stamps- I did recently purchase one from them and am very pleased.

Reply by Barb_NY on 7/4/05 10:24am
Msg #49751

Thanks, Bob-Chicago and JurneiCA...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.