Notary Rotary
Notaryclasses.com - Sleazy new radio ad
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by CaliNotary on 7/12/05 1:38am
Msg #51148

It looks like notaryclasses.com are back to their old ways. I heard their new radio ad today and it says (paraphrased): "You could be the one making $100,000 per year. Yes, some notaries make over $100,000 per year doing notary work".

It also states "becoming a notary is easier than ever". Considering California just instituted mandatory education requirements on July 1, doesn't that mean it is now HARDER than ever to become a notary here? I know that Kelly and Joan read this board, would either of you like to explain how it is now easier than ever? To me this sounds like a complete and utter lie that you're using to sucker people into taking your classes.

This is airing in Southern California. I just checked this site and there are 2592 notaries listed on this site within 75 miles of my zip code. How many notaryclasses.com graduates are even going to make over $5,000 this year?

Reply by mtd-ca on 7/12/05 1:43am
Msg #51152

......I was a sucker

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/12/05 8:12am
Msg #51159

*....I was a sucker*

I don't think you were a sucker. It's true that people should take responsibility for their own choices and they should look into the viability of a business venture before starting it, but if you got your information from an "authority" who has been given the state "okay" to teach notary public classes ... and they also do notary signing agent classes, it would *seem* they would have to be on the level.

Being a sucker is not a crime.

However, from what I have read about biz opp offerings, there is a problem from a legal standpoint with business opportunity offerings if they do not meet the claims they make. I am not one who was brought into the business by an ad so I cannot speak from experience. Nor do I live in California, nor have I heard any of the ads. So, I am not saying that the ads are false or misleading.

If you feel you were misled after a few more months, look into false advertising laws if that's the case.

In the meantime, seek work consistently and dilligently. Get your facts together and keep a record of your attempts to find work, and document what you believe is indicative of false claims. Either way you will have something worthwhile.

(1) you will have business --or--
(2) you will have a small pool of research that will yield you the ability to help others not be harmed by false claims if you care to pursue it.

Reply by Allison B -Cali2 on 7/12/05 9:16am
Msg #51181

CaliNotary: YOU are a weirdo

First of all, what do Joan and Kelley have to do with what the owner of a company does? As far as I know, they are one of many instructors and I believe they are not employees, they are independent contractors like we are!
Secondly, I KNOW that I can make that much money if I work hard. There ARE notaries who make that much money and if they read your post, they should come forward.

YOU are a weirdo and it sounds like you have something personal against this company and Joan and Kelley. Only mean people come up with a post like yours clear out of the blue. You must not be busy. Do some research and call notary classes -- ask them if their instructors are employees and you'll find out that they are not. Freak.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/12/05 9:23am
Msg #51184

Wow! Uncalled for and beyond rude!

CaliNotary may, at times, be blunt. At times CaliNotary may express an opinion that other people do not share. Rarely, CaliNotary can be harsh. I see nothing in CaliNotary's post that calls for such a personal attack with excessive vituperation and malice.

Maybe it's just me. (For you grammarians, "Perhaps it is only I.")

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/12/05 9:26am
Msg #51186

Re: Wow! Uncalled for and beyond rude!

Yikes!!!
Downright rude indeed!

Reply by Teasa/NY on 7/12/05 9:31am
Msg #51190

People Hate the Truth

Reply by Eve/San Diego on 7/12/05 9:40am
Msg #51193

Re: People Hate the Truth

I have heard their ads and it's my choice to listen and it's my choice to act. I am Eve Santillo and I live in San Diego, an area that is full of notaries. I am, however, proof-positive that you can make quite a bit of money as a loan signer and who do I owe it all to? My terrific instructor from Notary Classes and her abilty to motivate ME. Her name is Kelly and she helped me get a 92% pass on my notary test. I liked her so much that I took her loan signing class and everything in the book they provide and everything she told me has been right on. I have emailed the office help desk and the Ask-the-Instructor link and get a reply same day. ITS AMAZING HOW PEOPLE TAKE THE TIME TO COMPLAIN SO NOW I AM TAKING THE TIME TO COMPLIMENT. I just called the office (they open at 6am) and spoke with a lady who told me that all their teachers are contracted and not employees. What do they have to do with the advertisements on the radio? Alison might have been harsh, but she is also right in that the original poster must not be busy. Take Kelly class and maybe you can be!

Reply by Eve on 7/12/05 9:48am
Msg #51198

PS to Calinotary

You said that you wondered how many notary classes students will even make $5,000 dollars this year? I am bilingual and that may make a difference for me, but my very first full month I made $800 dollars (with signing companies only and I signed up with everybody). My second month I made almost $2,000 dollars and this is my beginning of a third month and I have already billed $1,470. Not too bad for part-time a mother at home with a new baby. And I am reading that others are slow. So I guess I will make $5,000 this year!

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/12/05 10:39am
Msg #51226

It is not my place to say who gets in or out of this

business.

1. Your three months of expierience only qualifies you to comment on 90 days and quite frankly that amounts to very little in the grand scheme of things

2.With 9 months left in the fiscal year, you are $95,730.00 short of achieving the advertised goal of 100,000 per year. Not impossible for a person who is quote "somene who is ambitous and motivated LIKE ME." But certainly you had better start applying yourself if are to reach the advertised attainable goal

3. Anybody who represents a company be they contracted or employed are representing the company. That would include it's advertising. I would personally would have a problem representing any company who was praying on the unknowing with the lure of fast money, get rich quick schemes, no matter who they are, including this company, NNA, no money down Real Estate seminars, and variety of other quazi Ponzi schemes.JMHO

Reply by RIGHT ON DOGMONGER!! nm on 7/12/05 11:52am
Msg #51254

Re: It is not my place to say who gets in or out of this

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/12/05 9:52am
Msg #51202

I have to say this...

First of all...Calinotary is probably one of the highest earners on this forum ( I said one of Smiley )
Secondly...Just because you are a contractor and not an employee doesn't mean a hill of beans where ethics are concerned. You new people with 5,000 notaries in your area will come and go just like the weather. Or...you will be taking the 40-50 dollar jobs until you can't pay the bills, unless like someone said, you're a hobbyist doing this after a 40 hour work week. All you new know-it-alls really need to brush up on your research skills brfore you start attacking people that make a good living doing this full time and have years in the industry. They have seen the get rich quick scheme fester and profit in overly saturated areas over and over and over and over...somebody's making big bucks allright! Guess who isn't?

Reply by Eve on 7/12/05 10:03am
Msg #51207

I'm not a hobbyist

AND I don't take $40 jobs. I was taught NOT TO take $40 jobs! I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a $50 job to learn and practice my skills and get better so that I can approach title companies, which is exactly what I did this month. No one in class ever told me that I could get rich quick, never. I was told that I needed to market myself and work hard for my own success. And if you say that you never took a $50 job when you first started out, I don't think you are telling the truth. I'm not a know it all and just like you or anyone else, I have a right to my opinion and have not attacked anyone. The original poster was the attacker and named people who have nothing to do with how the owner advertises.

I think those of you who blast companies who teach classes are worried that someone else will come along and take work from you and that is what will happen because your attitude stinks and it's clear that you feel threatened by somene who is ambitous and motivated LIKE ME. You don't like the classes and I thank the Lord for the opportunity they gave me.

PS How about starting a post on the NNA and how they rip people off. NO ONE could be worse then that group, no one.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/12/05 10:14am
Msg #51213

Re: I'm not a hobbyist

I'm not threatened at all and yes, of course I took the $50. jobs. You obviously don't see the commercial that cali mentioned as unethical. Some contractors-employees will turn the other cheek to make money. Which is what I believe the original post was pointing out. All he wants to know is how it's easier than ever? You have to know what your company is telling the public, so you'll need to defend or expound on it. They will do that if asked, so he asked.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/12/05 12:15pm
Msg #51261

Re: I'm not a hobbyist

"How about starting a post on the NNA and how they rip people off. NO ONE could be worse then that group, no one."

You obviously haven't been reading this board very long. The shady business practices of the NNA have been discussed quite a bit here.

Reply by SamIam_CA on 7/12/05 1:01pm
Msg #51287

Re: People Hate the Truth

In what part of SD are you located?

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/12/05 12:42pm
Msg #51271

IP police

I don't really know how to read IP addresses, so can somebody help me out here?

Allison's IP address is: 207.69.138.10

Kelly R from notaryclasses.com's IP address is: 207.69.138.203

Significant?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/12/05 1:09pm
Msg #51294

Re: IP police

Both addresses are registered to Earthlink.

That's about all the significance you can say about those IP addresses.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/12/05 12:57pm
Msg #51280

Re: CaliNotary: YOU are a weirdo

If Kelly and Joan are going to advertise themselves as representatives of notaryclasses.com on this board it is entirely fair to address my comments to them. I don't know who the owner of the company is, either one of them could be.

As for you Allison, the fact that you state "only mean people come up with a post like yours clear out of the blue" tells me 2 things. One, you're obviously not too bright, as my post is quite on topic for this board and not at all out of the blue. I heard THEIR ad on the radio, that's what inspired the post. Did you really need that explained sweetie?

And two, anyone who talks about "mean people" when we're discussing the business practices of a company that is having a negative effect on our industry, clearly is incapable of putting her feelings aside for a grownup business discussion. It's not about mean or nice, it's about people getting screwed by misleading advertising. Did you not see the post from the person who has invested $1200, yet hasn't gotten one job yet?

Please pull your head out of your butt and let me know when you develop the ability to post something other than a stream of notaryrotary cliches.

Reply by kwink/ca on 7/12/05 10:16am
Msg #51214

A lot of Dr Laura listeners out there, huh? I am going to...

run right out and marry a Notary so I can be on "easy street"! Not funny I know, but it kind of made me snicker when I heard it, and especially now that CA is crawling with "Newbies" anxious for the next $50 signing. Oh well, time will tell who hangs in there.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/12/05 10:22am
Msg #51216

Re: A lot of Dr Laura listeners out there, huh? I am going to...

Are you serious? Did that really happen? LOL

Reply by kwink/ca on 7/12/05 10:24am
Msg #51217

No. I heard the ad while listening to Dr Laura, driving to a

signing appt. Ha ha~! Sorry if I mistated.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/12/05 10:51am
Msg #51232

my 2.5 cents

After hearing the radio ads and being bombarded by NNA propaganda, I agree with Calinotary. I am relatively new, well 10 months of Loan signings, but with over 5 years as a notary, I can say that the ads are a load of crap. I do this part-time and would never do this full time. My reasoning with keeping my day job is that after surveying my local market; title companies, lenders, and brokers, my area is saturated with notaries.

I called on one title company and the office manager literally told me that about 7 people in the office were notaries and 3 were doing closings in the evening as independent contractors.

For the poster who has had 3 good months, well ensure that these good months can get you through the bad months that will surely come.

No one is trying to discourage you, in a capitalistic society, I can appreciate and respect competition

Reply by Eve on 7/12/05 11:01am
Msg #51236

I just read your profile Nicole

I encourage everyone to check out and see plainly why this person probably does not get much work. She is demanding and not person-friendly and has the word "NEED" in her "requirements". Too needy for me and I bet too needy for her potential clients. What a turn off and I suggest, as a newbie of course and what do I know?, to revise your profile Nicole. And as far as the title company you marketed, they could probably see the scowl on your face that and told you a "story". And if there are "bad" months, I will be okay and I really focus on the good anyway so I doubt there will be any bad. I am grateful for what I get and for what I have and that's the positive attitude you need. I chose to live in a FREE society by the way. The egos on this board are pathetic.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/12/05 11:12am
Msg #51240

Let me educate you Eve...

I work for two lenders direct. I am married with two children and have a full time career. I have only had 3 assignments that I accepted that were $50. My profile is direct, to the point and with no BS. I work with money and deal with title company reps all day long and when it is all said and done, money talks and bs walks.

Get past your 3 months and try to get a clue. Loan signings are piddly in comparison to doing inspections (thanks MargaretFl) and other notarizations that I have given leads to the blind about. Like my mama said, don't put all your eggs in one basket. By the way, if I made just $2k, that would only be 8 signings for me and I just started going over my quota of 15 per month. Think about how many it took for you to get to that amount and then start critiquing me and anyone else on this forum.

Reply by Charm_AL on 7/12/05 11:17am
Msg #51242

Re: Let me educate you Eve...

I'll betcha she'd get NO signings if she had the cohonas to attach HER profile page to all these posts she's spewed. Your profile is direct and to the point. Nicole, can you send me an e-m? I want to know how you got started in inspecs...tia

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/12/05 11:31am
Msg #51247

I just sent you an email. You may even qualify for the BPO through Clear Capital. Here is the website: www.clearcapital.com since you are a broker.

Reply by Anon on 7/12/05 11:52am
Msg #51253

Re: BPO's are done by RE Brokers no Mtg. Brokers

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/12/05 12:04pm
Msg #51258

Re: BPO's are done by RE Brokers no Mtg. Brokers

Thanks for the clarification, but I assumed..just like in California, that in order to be a mortgage broker, you must have been a real estate broker. Take for instance, the broker that I do signings for is also a real estate agent and a notary. The only reason he doesn't do his own notarizations is that he is listed on the hud (for some ridiculously enormous fees by the way).

I am not sure if this is true for all states, but ..just giving some info.

Reply by Yes, EVE, you are a on 7/12/05 11:55am
Msg #51255

HOBBYIST as a part time SA with a small baby. Get a clue!

Reply by EVE on 7/12/05 12:03pm
Msg #51256

And, you are the same coward that posted above ..

as "RIGHT ON DOGMONGER" -- use your name or at least be creative. The ISP is the same so you've posted twice thinking you are cool and swift, but .. NOT.

Reply by Same as ISP as... on 7/12/05 12:27pm
Msg #51265

Re: And, you are the same coward that posted above ..

Dogmonger as well??? Guess you're going to have to learn to be a BETTER Detective, Miss HOBBYIST!

Reply by Dogmonger on 7/12/05 12:30pm
Msg #51266

I am certainly no techie

But I am guessing that we are both AOL users, since they have proxy servers, as I have been told and many users often post the same IP number because of this. Some of the less technically challenged like to comment on this.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/12/05 12:26pm
Msg #51264

Re: I just read your profile Nicole

"The egos on this board are pathetic."

This is coming from the person with a whopping 3 months experience who is now trying to tell us how we should set up our profiles. People in glass houses, Eve.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/12/05 12:51pm
Msg #51276

I've been insulted by better people than you Eve..

Yeah, I guess by ensuring that my profile outlining the requirements for edocs and confirmations, I am a real hard ass according to Eve. Since I don't really care about what you (Eve) have to say since you aren't one of the companies who will contact me for an assignment, I'll just have to be the ball busting broad who demands professionalism with each contact.

Since this is my break, let me explain how business works, you the contractor set reasonable expectations for the potential client. If this client isn't sure what your requirements are, you should as a business person outline it in the initial contact. I am not waiting around for docs or turning down other assignments because this client can't pull their sh-t together. If I don't get the docs within 2 hours of the assignment, I am on to the next..simple money talks, bs..well you get the gist.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/12/05 1:04pm
Msg #51292

Re: I've been insulted by better people than you Eve..

Hard ass? I thought you were needy because you wrote "call me for all of your notary needs" in your profile. At least that's the logic of our new friend Eve Einstein. Apparently the only kind of need is an emotional one.

I guess that would explain a lot about her posts.

New people are fun!

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/12/05 1:11pm
Msg #51295

Needy..I need several things like..

I need the ss/title company to email/fax the confirmation with pertinent information like local, telephone number, cell phone number and my fee.

I need the title company to email their docs 2 hours before the assignment; that way if these einsteins forget the hud, rtc or pertinent docs like the note, I can get them on the ball and not waste my very valuable time.

I need these loads to pay my fee within 30 days or less so that I don't run my tail down to the civil small claims division 3rd floor and file a lawsuit.

I guess Eve is right Cali, I am needy..not emotional..just needy

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/12/05 1:36pm
Msg #51315

Re: To Eve

Eve,
What in life has made you such a mean, evil and cruel person?--and what gives you the right, with your three months' experience under your belt, to criticize and attack? Since you stated your full name and location in a previous post in this thread, I just want to alert you to the fact that SSs and TC *do* read these posts, so I don't want you to be alarmed when your phone suddenly stops ringing after the companies see *your true self* that has come out through your posts.

Are you reading and comparing profiles so you can write your own? It's obvious that you don't have a profile or you would no doubt have it right there, along with patting your own back and your ego (and yes, your own ego is the pathetic one). Oh, and just to save you a little time, my profile states that I treat borrowers with respect and dignity -- it doesn't say that I have to treat brand new know-it-alls who defensively come in with guns drawn and in full attack mode with dignity and respect. If you go on and look at my site, you will see that it clearly states that I will not accept documents if not received two hours *before* the signing. There are many of us who refuse docs if not received within 2 hours of the signing -- Nicole is not the only one. As someone new, you may have nothing better to do than to sit and wait for promised docs that never arrive, but the rest of us who have been doing this for some time, don't have the time or the desire to babysit the SSs/TCs/computer and printer.

Reply by D Jones on 7/12/05 3:10pm
Msg #51346

Re: Notaryclasses.com - New radio ad

I am the person responsible for the advertising on Notaryclasses.com. Allow me to post a response regarding our recent advertising campaign. It is not unexpected that those in a business would be concerned about adding competition to the market, but anyone who knows this market should already knows that a successful signing agent is one who develops business relationships through tenacity, professionalism and good marketing strategies. Finally, there is never a replacement for hard work. The majority of notaries do not become good signing agents because to do so requires more effort than many are willing to put out. Yet, lets be real about this.... signing agents make $100 and up (in fact way up) for a 45 minute signing. This is great money from anyone's perspective if a notary is willing to put out the effort for the return.

Those of you who may be concerned about a saturated market should consider that California has maintained well over 200,000 notaries for years yet you all know that you stay as busy as you want to be...or at least you should be if you are aggressively seeking clients. There is a lot of work out there and there is absolutely no reason a notary cannot make $100,000 and more unless they lack the business skills or tenacity to go after the work. Like any business, there will always be a demand for those who are good, reliable and aggressive. The real estate industry is overwhelmed with agents who lack these skills and make a pittance of their professional counterparts.

I bring this to your attention to remind you not to be concerned about increasing the number of notaries in the market, rather focus your on business energy on becoming better and more successful than you are. There is enough business out there for experienced signers to start their own business as a signing agency and start employing others on their behalf. There will always be those who are successful and others who complain about the success of others. Seek success for yourself, even if it means you must work a bit harder in order to achieve it.

Now, regarding the radio ad... I have already pointed out that successful notaries make over $100,000 per year and if you are reading this message, you should be too. If you are not, perhaps you are not in California where the market is. Otherwise, marketing yourself aggressively and consistently will change that if you are good. If not, find another business because someone else who is good will come along and take your place anyway.

The California Secretary of State has adopted new legislative requirements for mandatory education which requires all notaries now must complete a 6-hour course prior to commissioning. This can even be done at home. Perhaps someone out there knows of another industry where in 6 hours of preparation a professional license can be obtained, but I do not know which industry that is. In fact, I have many years of college and post college education and my particular degree still would not be sufficient enough for me to make $100,000 within even 4 or 5 years.

It is indeed easier to become a notary in California than ever before. Notaryclasses.com has instructors who make the state handbook understandable to the average person. Can anyone really say that attending 6 hours of preparation is difficult, especially when the material to be tested is broken down in intelligible language? Most of us who have been notaries for over 20 years could no longer pass the CPS exam without preparation. In fact, most notaries have no idea what a Subscribing Witness is or even the difference between and Acknowledgment and a Jurat. Notaryclasses.com is helping new people as well as seasoned notaries to pass the exam the first time. I have never spoken to a seasoned notary who was not surprised at everything he or she did not know.

Notaryclasses.com does a terrific job. Students have the opportunity of advertising for free for one year as well as going through a fantastic Loan Signing program. The student receives far more for their money than any other program out there...without reservation. The company even offers a ride-along program for new notaries who feel uncomfortable with their first signing. I certainly wish I had such an opportunity when I started.

Ok...enough. I rarely have time to post messages or read messages on boards, but I was directed to this one and felt compelled to respond. Forgive the verbacity but sometimes it takes more than a few words. I wish you all continued incredible success in this business.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/12/05 4:14pm
Msg #51363

OK D Jones

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and help out TJS-CA who posted the following in a thread below...

"That's where I heard about notaryclasses.com......I only started in April and have invested like $1200 so far......haven't had one signing yet......wonder when I'll get my first."

So... D Jones, IMHO... you are not doing as great of a job as you think you are.

You have the right to run sleazy ads and scams... and post whatever bs you want to. We have the right to post our opinions about it and warn others away from it.

BTW, I think you should do some research on your own quotes.

***signing agents make $100 and up (in fact way up) for a 45 minute signing*** I would like to know 50 signing services that you interviewed for this information. I want to know who is saying they pay 'way upwards' of $100 for a 45 minute signing. BTW... way upwards is $150 - $175. Let's hear it! Give me some names.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/12/05 4:31pm
Msg #51370

FNF/LSI solution - one notarization - NSA cut out?

Since we are talking about making $100 for 45 minutes in CA...Just curious what you all think about this...

>>>>>>>>>The borrower is only responsible for returning one signed and notarized document to LSI.<<<<<<<<<

http://www.investor.fnf.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=168303

Fidelity National Financial Division Completes Pilot for Web-Based Closing Solution and Launches Nationwide

Jacksonville, Fla. -- (July 11, 2005)-- Fidelity National Information Services' LSI, a division of Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (NYSE:FNF), a Fortune 500 provider of products, services and technology solutions to the financial and real estate industries, announced today the successful conclusion of its pilot for Closing StreamTM, the premiere Web-based closing solution for mortgage refinance and home equity lending transactions. The pilot project confirmed that this patent-pending online closing process reduces loan cycle time, enhances borrower experience and ultimately increases lender revenue.

ING Direct, a division of ING Group, has been among the first lenders to test Closing Stream. "We are tremendously impressed with LSI's ability to deliver an online closing solution that creates so many efficiencies," said ING Direct's Jim Kelly. "With Closing Stream, we have minimized our loan cycle time, resulting in higher application-to-close ratios, improved productivity and reduced cost."

With the Closing Stream solution, LSI controls the entire closing process, eliminating the need to coordinate third-party providers. As a result, borrowers may schedule their closing as early as possible during the application process. Also, since this closing method is primarily Web-based, borrowers may participate in the transaction from any geographic location.

Prior to the scheduled closing, LSI sends the copies of the closing documents to the borrower via overnight delivery. >>>>>>>>>The borrower is only responsible for returning one signed and notarized document to LSI.<<<<<<<<< The returned document is combined with the original closing documents in preparation for the closing. At the scheduled closing time, the borrower logs into the Closing Stream system and dials a toll-free number to connect with an LSI closing representative. Using Closing Stream's online meeting application, the representative thoroughly covers each loan document to ensure the borrower understands all of the details.

During the closing representative's coverage of the documents, any necessary changes to those documents can be completed. If changes are required, the representative electronically coordinates those changes with the lender and reposts the corrected documents on the Closing Stream Web site during the closing process. With accurate documents in place, the borrower answers a series of online questions acknowledging that he or she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions of those documents. All of the audio and on-screen activity during this closing process are recorded and archived for future reference.

"We are excited to unveil the first viable Web-based closing solution nationwide," said Al Verkuylen, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Execution, LSI. "Now, Closing Stream will allow originators everywhere to attend and manage more consistent closing processes."

Fidelity National Financial

Fidelity National Financial, Inc., number 261 on the Fortune 500, is a provider of products and outsourced services and solutions to financial institutions and the real estate industry. FNF is the nation's largest title insurance company, with nearly 31 percent national market share, and is also a provider of other specialty insurance products, including flood insurance, homeowners insurance and home warranty insurance. Through its majority-owned subsidiary Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. ("FIS"), the Company is a leading provider of technology solutions, processing services and information services to the financial services and real estate industries. FIS' software processes nearly 50 percent of all U. S. residential mortgages, it has processing and technology relationships with 45 of the top 50 U.S. banks and more than 2,800 small and mid-sized U.S. financial institutions and it has clients in more than 50 countries who rely on its processing and outsourcing products and services. FIS also provides customized business process outsourcing related to aspects of the origination and management of mortgage loans to national lenders and servicers. FIS offers information services, including property data and real estate-related services that are used by lenders, mortgage investors and real estate professionals to complete residential real estate transactions throughout the U.S. More information about the FNF family of companies can be found at www.fnf.com and www.fidelityinfoservices.com.

This press release contains statements related to future events and expectations and, as such, constitutes forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be different from those expressed or implied above. The Company expressly disclaims any duty to update or revise forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties which forward-looking statements are subject to include, but are not limited to, the effect of governmental regulations, the economy, competition and other risks detailed from time to time in the "Management's Discussion and Analysis" section of the Company's Form 10-K and other reports and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

SOURCE: Fidelity National Financial, Inc.

Daniel Kennedy Murphy, Senior Vice President, Finance and Investor Relations, 904-854-8120, [e-mail address];
Darcy Patch, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Office of the Enterprise, 949-477-1173, [e-mail address]

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/12/05 8:02pm
Msg #51419

Re: FNF/LSI solution - one notarization - NSA cut out?

This is very interesting.

Title Insurance companies are always trying to come up with (and keep up with) the changing needs of lenders primarily, and second, are always trying to one-up the company they're in closest competition with (or maybe the second first - in this case)..and those tactics vary according to that companys way of doing business. Some TC's are recognized for being leaders in the industry and those companies are many times out of the gate first with new ideas and promotions.

New promotions such as this are not always successful (the lenders will determine that) and these types of press releases are common. Will it work? Why not - if the lending industry determines it meets their legal/disclosure needs and it makes the process more streamlined for them, then my guess is the NSA could become a dinosaur. The key would be if other TC's jump on this bandwagon and offer the same service. If that happens...then I'd have to revise my retirement plans just a bit. Just have to wait and see.

***The borrower is only responsible for returning one signed and notarized document to LSI***

I'm wondering who will provide this single original notarization?

Reply by Charles_CA on 7/12/05 9:05pm
Msg #51434

Just think with biometrics one of these days they will just scan us to identify us. No need for signatures, fingerprints, notaries, birth certificates, licenses; any of that stuff.l Big Brother will know exactly where we are, what we are doing and our FICO will be available to anyone who wants it because that will be our monetary standard. And with that scary thought I'll leave you kiddies for the night. Pleasant dreams.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/12/05 9:12pm
Msg #51437

Charles or Alfred Hitchcock....

Pleasant dreams? jeepers.

:( (scary face)

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/12/05 9:16pm
Msg #51440

Re: Charles or Alfred Hitchcock....OT

I love Alfred Hitchcock...well... I used to when I was young. My grandmother and I watched all his movies/shows when I should have been in bed on school nights. We never missed an episode of the soap opera, Dark Shadows, either.

I think that stuff is really too scary now! It would keep me up at night. Smiley

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/12/05 9:33pm
Msg #51445

Re: Charles or Alfred Hitchcock....OT

Oh my gosh...how I miss Dark Shadows. RUNNING home from school to catch it M-F at 4pm. Totally addicted at 11...cried when it went off the air. Barnabas, where are you? Angelique, you were so beautiful...love thwarted. Collinwood...I'll take a vacation there (uh, except at night).

(I read romance novels too - as in past tense).

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/13/05 9:31am
Msg #51565

Re: Charles or Alfred Hitchcock....OT-tgal

Yeah! Finally someone who remembers Dark Shadows! It was at 3 pm in Texas. I was still getting out at 2:15 pm, riding the bus to the bus stop then running home. My job was getting the set "warmed up" before Grandma screeched into the driveway in her blue Olds '98 which about the size of a small whale. ( She sped home from her nursing job about two blocks away. ) Hmmm...I just realized that Grandma was only a couple of years older than I am now, back then!

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/12/05 9:13pm
Msg #51438

>?I'm wondering who will provide this single original notarization?<

My bet: It is intended for the bwr to be responsible for securing this one notarization in this scenario and returning the document. Due to sloppy work I have seen with my own eyes, I don't think the lenders are taking that big of a risk by putting the notarization back into the hands of the bwrs to complete this one notarization. UPS STORE can cover this type.

Also, I do a lot of one client's work for WAMU. WAMU is doing a type of loan document signing now that is VERY much geared to the bwr taking responsibility for filling out the documents correctly. The docs go to the bwr and there is a bright colored insert between each document which says

"STOP! Now...do this/that/the other thing."

-------------

**The pilot project confirmed that this patent-pending online closing process reduces loan cycle time, enhances borrower experience and ultimately increases lender revenue.**

I have been half-heartedly researching and reading what lenders want from the process and have learned they want faster, cheaper ways to complete the loan process so they can process more loans in a shorter amount of time for less mohey and therefore, increase the lender's revenue.

At the least, I think it is a foregone conclusion that the notary fee will not go "up" in the future.

---------------------
Another thing I found interesting is that the whole concept of ENJOA as a e-notarization tool has just seen closings "warp" right by it if this happens.

There will be some kind of an electronic interface, but it sounds more like a lender/bwr interface, not a notarial interface.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/12/05 9:30pm
Msg #51444

this information screams for attention...

from all of us as NSA's and should be looked at. Good for you posting this to the guy who wrote the ad for the radio. Notice no response. Wonder if he knew??

***The pilot project confirmed that this patent-pending online closing process reduces loan cycle time, enhances borrower experience and ultimately increases lender revenue***

And that is the name of this game - it's their game and ultimately they always call the shots. I'm agreeing wholeheartedly your foregone conclusion and that's a best case scenario, if the lenders like the program.

"warp" right by enjoa - yep. Maybe the NNA will be bought by Fidelity - not uncommon for them (Fidelity) and we can all order stamps from FNT in the future.

Reply by Constance on 7/13/05 9:17am
Msg #51559

He never said a word about signing companies

You are an angry girl! I work for title and escrow and two direct lenders and get $175 every day of the week for my signings. IF you are an experienced signing agent, you wouldn't even consider working for signing companies. The guy never said a word in his post about making upwards of $100 a job for signing companies. That's just your "thinking" because that's all you do. I'd be angry too if all I worked for was signing companies -- that ended for me after year one - I got my experience and moved on. Is it true that to be a notary in Arizona all you need is twenty bucks and the ability to breath? Oh yeah, now that makes sense. Better, yet, why don't you call the guy and talk to him -- calm down first.

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 7/13/05 12:22am
Msg #51496

Since you asked Cali...

I know one notaryclasses.com graduate who has made over $5,000 in the past three months. That person would be me. Not bad for a wife, mother of three, full time administrative assistant and part time notary. I'm here in beautiful saturated San Diego and having no problems getting loan signings, structured settlement signings and general notarizations.

I know I could have passed the State exam without taking a class.

I know I personally know loan docs like the back of my hand even before taking the class.

What the notaryclasses.com class did for me was give me a confidence boost and marketing ideas which I would have struggled with had I not taken the class. I highly recommend the class to all newbies and I strongly encourage them to participate in the quarterly notary luncheons here in Southern Cal as well. Meet people, network and get some positive feedback instead of dodging arrows and being exposed to the negativity this board has no problem generating.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/13/05 1:03am
Msg #51506

Re:Maggie you are missing the point...

The ad is not advertising a class that can help boost your confidence and give you marketing ideas... I'm sure it is a great class... but it is advertising the 'ability' to make $100K per year which (correct me if I'm wrong) but $5K in 3 months is... a tad shy. It is also saying that being a notary/SA in CA is easier than it's ever been and I know from speaking with colleages that that is simply not true. If they were honest about the class and what it will truly give you... I'm sure there would be no complaints of 'sleazy'. It is the false advertising and empty promises that draws the criticism.

Reply by SOCA Notary on 7/13/05 8:47am
Msg #51542

It is totally possible to make over $100K a year..my first year was $80K, I couldn't believe it, and I was doing $50 signings for any one who asked me. Second year this doubled because I changed the way I did things, and only did $100 signings. Third year,I instituted a new way of receiving docs, all edoc signings, and my earnings went over the top, more than $300K.

Now, this is no cake walk. It takes time and diligence, planning and revamping your biz model, and most people will not spend the time it requires to develop their biz like a lot of us have. However, just know that it is totally possible to reap these kinds of rewards.

Reply by Sam I am CA on 7/13/05 9:14am
Msg #51557

To make $80K at $50 each, you'd have to do 1600 signings. How can you keep up?! 4 signings a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year = 1456 signings a year. At $200 a pop it is still <$300K. What is your secret to balancing home vs. work???

Reply by AngelinaAz on 7/13/05 10:29am
Msg #51588

It's not adding up!

I think my average is pretty high ($100-$125 per signing) and even though work goes in spurts... (4-6/day some days and 0-2 on others) ... I feel crazy sometimes and I cannot even imagine $300K/year*** especially in CA where I would assume the $$/signing average is lower. Now I average 55-65/month (This includes TC work where I don't even have to print the packages) and I have a diffiicult time managing kids/school/cooking/cleaning even with that amount. Now I'll give the CA people a little latitude on #'s because I know they can do more in the same amount of time... (I have dialup out here in the boonies... and everything is very spread out)... but 300K ???? Lock me up and throw away the key 'cause I'd be in the NUTHOUSE!!!

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/13/05 10:59am
Msg #51598

Re: Sometimes I feel like I'm in an Amway meeting. n/m

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/13/05 11:11am
Msg #51602

Amway...that's what I have been thinking...

With no "downline."

I do enjoy helping new people get started when I can, but in many cases, I don't want to do somethings...stay on the phone for an hour when it's convenient for them...drive two hours to meet them for lunch so I can tell them how to get started at this business...I love to help, but somethings are not possible...it's not benefitting me...like I said...they are not in my "downline."

But, you'd be surprised how disappointed and ANGRY people get at me when I cannot help the way they want me to.

And, even though I don't like to show it, it really bothers me a lot when people get angry at me when I draw my boundaries and say: That's not really good for *me* to do that. And, if I say no to someone, it's not because I am being mean, it's because it would hurt my own ability to earn, etc.

Oh well...back the the saltmines...

Smiley

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/13/05 11:30am
Msg #51607

Re: Sometimes I feel like I'm in an Amway meeting...

.... the picture in my head is way worse. when I was reading that schpeil (sp) yesterday by the person who wrote the advertisement... I had this picture in my head of Rick Rockwell.

You know, he was the "Who wants to marry a millionaire" guy. He was a motivational speaker and tried to teach all these people how to be successful when in fact, the only semi-successful thing HE ever did was become a motivational speaker and spout cr*p. The real story was that he was in debt up to his eyeballs and had a broken toilet in his yard.

I have a feeling ... that sooner or later the fledgling wide-eyed students are going to be like Darla... cutting their losses and running for the door!

They just keep saying... hey I really liked the classes! I just want to say. Yes, I know you really like the Toyota you just bought and I know that it is probably reliable and gets good gas mileage.... BUT... it's not a Toyota on the cover of that brochure you're holding... it's a Jaguar... so where's the JAG????

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.