Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
OT for SoCal NOTROT members (tennis lovers only).....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by TitleGalCA on 7/30/05 12:24am
Msg #55840

A long story short: I purchased 2 great tickets to a major tennis event (Mercedes Benz Masters Series Finals) about two weeks ago for my son in doing so great in his EMT training. Since then...son can't go (work), daughter can't go, tennis bud can't go, friends can't go, BF hates tennis, work friends can't go...ad infinitum (and I can't get my $ back). I'm going by myself or posing as a scalper in front of the event for one lousy ticket.

It is now Friday nite, the event is 2pm Sunday at UCLA. Offering up one ticket at $60; or, if I get to Saturday nite and no takers - a freebie for fellow tennis lovers from NOTROT. Please email me...I'd love some company and I'd love to meet you Smiley Cali, Anne, Missy, am I leaving someone out in the LA area...?

Here's to Agassi in the finals Smiley (he's almost there!)

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/30/05 2:19am
Msg #55853

Ohhh sounds like a ton of fun! People don't know how great this stuff can be. I wish I was there... I'd buy the ticket. I used to go to a big tennis event at La Costa all the time. I think now it is the Acura Classic but it used to be called something else. I miss all that stuff... Box Seats at the Del Mar races... Sailing... eating lobster at Humphreys By the Bay while BB King was rockin' the house! I'm homesick. I know you are in the LA area... I'm from San Diego and I MISS IT!

I grew up with all that and then I married the military and "Say Hello to the Boondocks". I wouldn't trade what I have now... but I'm glad that while I was there I 'lived deliberately'.

I hope you find someone to go with... if not... go anyway! Get yourself some wine at the tasting table... relax and enjoy the games.

Cheers to Agassi!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/30/05 12:42pm
Msg #55904

Oh come on Angelina...it's only an 8 hr drive from you! Smiley

I will go by myself, just seems like such a waste of a perfectly good ticket.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/30/05 4:24pm
Msg #55961

Are you kidding me??? If I hadn't just been out there twice in the last 2 weeks and wasn't totally behind on everything... I would go!

8 hours...? I can do it in 6 hours flat in my husband's corvette! Yahoo!

My 4 year old said to me the other day... "Hey mom... how come you don't drive the fast car?" I replied... "Cause this big safe one is the mommy car."

He says, "But they won't run into you if they can't catch you right?"

..... a child after my own heart!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/30/05 7:10pm
Msg #55994

This tournament is sponsored by COUNTRYWIDE Angelina

and as a dedicated notary signing agent...I think it's your responsibility to support it Smiley LOL

But it would be fun, wouldn't it, jump in to that corvette in the morning with a starbucks to go...wind in your hair...fly at mach 10 into LA (uh well, with traffic probably not)...sip a cold Bud and watch some world class tennis! Aggie's on fire and in the finals. I'll even treat you to dinner somewhere cool - small thing after all the entertainment you've provided me on this board!

It's okay...sniff...you are far away...snivel...I understand.

When you all turn ESPN on tomorrow afternoon, that's me at the front gate, embarrassing myself trying to scalp a ticket.

Reply by newlysmomva on 8/2/05 10:00am
Msg #56375

Congrats to son onEMT. I was volunteer EMT for quite a while, but the middle of the night runs began to get the best of me so now I just do the ambulance accounting for volunteer co.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/2/05 10:15am
Msg #56379

Thx Newlysmom...and welcome! ~n/M

Reply by TrayKy on 8/4/05 4:35pm
Msg #56996

Re: Thx Newlysmom...and welcome! ~n/M

So did you every find someone to go with ya. I am going to the Master Series next week in Cincy. I went last year and watched Agassi win it. My wife and I are teaching pro's but have taken time away from teaching to do more signings. I did watch the final. Hope you had a blast.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 8/4/05 6:25pm
Msg #57014

to Tray-KY

Nah...but I had fun just the same! These major tournaments are pretty neat, and Aggie was great. I always thought when ESPN was broadcasting and interviewing at the end of the tournament, that the whole audience could hear it - not so, it was for TV only (I could see Brad Gilbert, just couldn't hear them!)

Hope you and your wife have fun in Cincy - go Roddick!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.