Out of Control SS
Notary Discussion History

Out of Control SS
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul2_FL on 7/27/05 8:37pm
Msg #55216

Out of Control SS

Here's a strange one...

Got a call the day before yesterday to do a signing yesterday. Docs to be overnighted. Gave them my fee for overnigt docs which was slightly higher than what they pay but they agreed. Signing time flexible to be set by borrower and myself.
Called borrower to introduce myself and set the time - everything OK up to this point. Appoinment time fits both his and my schedule for the day.

Yesterday docs did not come in. Called SS and was told the docs missed the FedEx truck but will go out that night for today. I passed up another signing I could have taken in the time slot I had allocated for this signing.

Called borrower and informed him of the situation. (SS never called the borrower). Well, I let this pass and set another appointment time with the borrower for today.
Today comes and you guessed it - no docs. Called SS who now tells me that the docs are going e-mail and they don't have them from the Lender yet. WHAT! I go through the process of what they had been telling me for the last two days. They deny that they said the docs would be overnighted. At this point I bow out of the assignment. No a problem for the SS because he says he'll find another notary. Meanwhile, I missed another opportunity for a signing that I could have done in this time slot.

Feeling I owe the borrower an explanation, I contact him. He tells me that HE received the package today! (There goes the e-doc story!). He also told me he was very unhappy with the Lender because they are not giving him what was agreed to and therefore he cancelled the loan. He also told me his wife had signed a bunch of docs a few night before with another notary??

I told him to expect a call from someone to set up another appointment because, as far as I'm concerned, this SS doesn't know what the hell is going on!

BTW – This SS has mixed reviews on this forum. Because I believe they are out of control, as this situation shows, the fact that they denied telling me the docs would be overnighted, and the fact that I passed on two signings because of this one, I won’t accept any more assignments from them. They are not professional!

Reply by Notarious Dave-CA on 7/27/05 8:41pm
Msg #55220

So...................WhoAre They?????????

Reply by WF-CA on 7/27/05 8:48pm
Msg #55221

Zactly!!! Who are they? N/M

Reply by Bill_CA on 7/27/05 9:00pm
Msg #55223

Come on...........out with it

Reply by let me quess on 7/27/05 9:03pm
Msg #55224

Re: Come on...........out with it

Elite Signing???????

Reply by Becca_FL on 7/27/05 9:41pm
Msg #55229

I'd like to compare notes...

Care to share with a fellow Floridian?

I had a similar situation last Friday and have turned down 2 signings with the SS this week. I, like you, decided it was not worth the headache and BS stories.

Send me an email, if you would like to compare notes. If not, send me an email anyway. I'd like to have your contact info & coverage area on file for possible referals.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/27/05 10:27pm
Msg #55242

Re: I'd like to compare notes...

Becca, I will send you an e-mail. For the rest of you, I really don't like to name companies on an open forum that I have had problems with. This SS may be OK with you.
I explained my situation with this SS basically to show how we are at the mercy of the SS when it comes to taking assignments. I wish there was a way we could know upfront that each and every assignment was clean at least from a scheduling point of view. (I realize we can never know what's in the doc package before we get it). Like I said, I lost out on two assignments because of the unprofessionalism of this SS. Fortunately, there are a lot of good SS's out there to fill the void.

Reply by Wa notary on 7/27/05 10:47pm
Msg #55253

Well, I do believe that it would be professional to let your comrads know, so that we can beware.....These companies need to know that we are not here to be used and abused. I, for one, am doing this business to make a living and provide a professional service. Some companies try to keep us "on the hook" just in case docs get in....... This is unacceptable, and unprofessional.
Maybe they have trouble booking because of these types of practices?

Reply by DellaCA on 7/27/05 10:55pm
Msg #55255

Re: will you e-mail me also please.

It sounds so much like what I went thru Monday.
Thanks

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/27/05 11:39pm
Msg #55270

Paul, one of the main assets of this board is that we can warn each other about which signing services to avoid. Nobody else is looking out for us, we have to look out for each other. To post your story, state that you won't be working for that company again, then refusing to name them is ridiculous, especially when it's one that you state has had other complaints on the board.

We can all make our own educated decisions based on what we read here but you're doing an EXTREME disservice to the rest of us to not name this company, and you have absolutely no reason not to do so.

Reply by Mike/NJ on 7/27/05 11:45pm
Msg #55271

I agree with Cali, also SS's and TC's read the boards and are aware what is said on them.

Reply by Paul2_FL on 7/28/05 7:08am
Msg #55298

OK-OK-OK - (I sound like Joe Pecci)!

The culprit was NotaryBiz! I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of responses singing their praises!

Reply by Anonymous on 7/28/05 8:24am
Msg #55310

I'm an atty/notary in Fl and I just got a call from NotaryBiz last night for an atty signing on Friday! I received the call while at another signing so I agreed quickly and didn't really think about it. As I recalled the conversation later, it made no sense. The request was for an atty closing but then he mumbled something about a disbursement/recording. He also specified that they would be e-docs. The e-mail confirmation mentions nothing about any disbursements or recording and appears to be for a normal siging. First of all, to my knowledge the mtg isn't recorded prior to the expiration of the 3 day right of recission period. Secondly, there are recording fees which will require a check (which I doubt they will be e-mailing)- same problem with the disbursement. How can I disburse funds w/o a check? And what lender disburses funds prior to the expiration of the 3 day recission period? Do they intend to send checks and docs back to me to record and disburse at a later date?? I intend to call them at 9 am (Pacific Time) and sort this mess out. However, I'm tempted to withdraw given the current reviews of their business practices. Was it just Paul2_Fl that has had these troubles with them or are they always shady?

Reply by Teasa.NY on 7/28/05 8:53am
Msg #55315

My only experience with them is that they called once for a last minute signing far away. I told them I was already booked for that slot and they stated "do our loan and we will pay you more." Needless to say I said I don't do business that way. Like I am going to just dump my existing appointment, no expalnation and do theirs? How would they like it if someone did that to them. Left a bad taste in my mouth. So yes, I would say that is shady.

Reply by Wa notary on 7/28/05 11:27am
Msg #55339

Thank you Paul~

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.