Notary Rotary
Problem printer or adobe
Notary Discussion History

Problem printer or adobe
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by SarahBeth_CA on 7/12/05 5:37pm
Msg #51390

Problem printer or adobe

I have an HP LaserJet 5n dual trays. My hubby says its supposed to automaticly select paper size. When I print with Swiftview it does. But when I print Adobe files it doesn't. Today it took me 4 times as long as it should have to print because it didn't automaticly switch from legal to letter and back. To make matters worse the first page of the docs was a list of each doc and which pages they were. The list was wrong. So I had to scroll through the docs and print each doc separately x's 2. Does anyone know if it's a printer issue or an Adobe issue? I really feel like kicking the crap out of something.

Reply by Terri - CA on 7/12/05 6:08pm
Msg #51397

Which version of Adobe Acrobat Reader are you using? When the print dialog box comes up, do you have the selection checked "Choose Paper Source by PDF paper size?" Some suggestions to check out. I know that this selection is available in Version 6.X and up.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/12/05 6:39pm
Msg #51401

You know what I didn't check the box, I really didn't even notice it. So if I check it, the paper with automaticly print legal to letter and back when needed?

Reply by Terri - CA on 7/12/05 11:38pm
Msg #51487

Check the box and print again and see what happens, you can't lose. Smiley

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by ANON on 7/12/05 11:31pm
Msg #51484

This is probably an hp issue. Some of their printers are not cooperative with Adobe. I have several printers, and I can print pdf files without problems on all of them except hp.

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/13/05 4:03am
Msg #51520

Unlike other printers with only blinking leds, the trick to HP (maybe other) printers with a display control panel is that you have to set which tray has what paper size in the paper handling menu itself. I use an HP4100n and have the top (100 pages manual feed tray) set to letter only. If it is set on default, it will print everything from that tray first.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/13/05 6:29am
Msg #51524

I don't know what your problem is, ANON, but I have no problems printing PDF files on any of the HP printers, from 1200 up through 4250's. There must be something in your particular configuration and/or setup that thwarts the attempt. (I'm also assuming that the printers you have all support PCL6 natively, or at least PCL5e.)

Reply by ANON on 7/13/05 9:26am
Msg #51564

Yes, all my printer support PCL6. If you do some research on the boards, you will find others who are having the same problems as well. My imageRunner 2230, Lexmark C510, and Xerox XD100 Workcentre have no problem printing, but when it comes to the hp LaserJet 3330, there is a problem every time with these document files.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/13/05 9:43am
Msg #51569

This one takes the cake. PAW gives some input and instead of a thank you he receives a gripe to do research on the boards.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 7/13/05 10:16am
Msg #51582

Clicking the box did the trick. My hubby was at work and on a "project" so I didn't want to disturb him.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/13/05 12:55pm
Msg #51645

Well, I have had absolutely no problems printing anything on my HP Laserjet 3330.

Can you provide some examples and exact error messages or at least describe the problem. Telling me that it "won't work" means little. It's like telling someone your car won't run and then you expect them to magically tell you why.

Do you have a file that won't print on your 3330 that you could send me? I'll try it on my printer.

BTW, who are you? Where are you?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.