Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Problem with CountryWide paying for loan signing session.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by QGNotary on 7/25/05 12:33pm
Msg #54491

I am having a strange problem with CountryWide in Chula Vista. They contacted me to do a loan signing on May 23 and I also did another partial signing for the same loan on May 26. I was dealing with a man (H.) at this location who sent me the e-docs and was my contact for this loan signing. I sent them my invoice with both packages. I called and left voice mail for H. but he didn't call me back. When I finally got ahold of him he said that another guy (F.) was in charge of the loan and that I needed to send my invoice to him. I faxed it to F., called and left voice mail, no response. I sent the invoice via snail mail, still no response. Left lots of voice messages, no response. I finally got ahold of him last Friday and he says he knows nothing about my signing sessions and that he only deals with a signing service and has no idea what I am talking about. I did not get this signing through a signing service. This is not the man I dealt with on this loan, and he apparently doesn't know about my loan signing sessions. H., who is the man I dealt with, switches me over to F. who refuses to understand that H. was the person I was dealing with on this loan. I'm very confused as to what to do to get my loan signing sessions paid for. Any insights?

Reply by ColleenCA on 7/25/05 12:43pm
Msg #54493

I would ask to speak with the supervisor, explain the situation, give him/her the loan number and give a deadline on when you expect payment. Then follow up with a letter to that same person as confirmation of your conversation. Good luck.

Reply by Bill_CA on 7/25/05 12:43pm
Msg #54494

Re: Problem with CountryWide paying for loan signing session

I would say to inform them that you are starting the process to sue them for your fee plus costs in small claims court. Chances are good that will get their attention. When they contact you, inform them that they have 3 business days to get the check in your hands and successfully cashed before you will call it off.

Reply by Terri - CA on 7/25/05 1:44pm
Msg #54508

I had the exact problem last year in June. I finanally got some info and got paid. Please e-mail me and I'll provide you with that info too. Sounds like it was the same LO too! e-mail me : terri at terrigarner dot com.

Terri
Lancaster, CA

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/25/05 4:00pm
Msg #54527

Post the guy's name so we all can help stop this clown. (nm)

Reply by Pam on 7/25/05 6:32pm
Msg #54567

Re:Countrywide no pay!

I was contacted one night at 9:00 p.m., the gentleman at countrywide wanted me to see if I could print a set of loan docs and accept signing for next night as notary that was supposed to go that night did not show - said she didn't get docs. Printed both packages plus email confirmation with borrower info but didn't have title docs. Called next day close to appt. and he says, "Oh I don't think you're going to get to do the signing." Of course I said, "Already printed docs, I'm dressed and ready to go, please let me know something." He said he'd call back but of course he didn't. Emailed invoice for time spent and docs printed - $50 - thought that was fair since he didn't even call to let me know anything and I had printed both packages. SO DON'T TRUST COUNTRYWIDE IF THEY CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY - THEY NEVER PAID ME A PENNY AND NEVER RESPONDED TO ANY EMAILS OR CALLED ME BACK. Wish I still had that man's name so you could beware.

Reply by MJ FL on 7/25/05 11:15pm
Msg #54631

I agree with Colleen CA-I would also

Print a copy of the email that was sent to you from the LO. Attach it to the letter and invoice that you send to the supervisor. Best Wishes!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.