Notary Rotary
SOX - First time called
Notary Discussion History

SOX - First time called
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by TinaG_CA on 7/19/05 9:23pm
Msg #53250

SOX - First time called

Received a call about 6:00 for a signing, E-docs, at 9:00 tonight. Right around the corner from my house. The girl who called was talking a little bit too fast for me, getting old I guess, and I heard her say the fee was $100.00. When I asked her who she was with because I didn't hear her the first time, she said SOX. I said, "OH! I'm sorry I'll have to pass I haven't heard anything good about your company." She thanked me and hung up. So, I would like to thank all of you on this board for passing along such vital information.

Reply by Melody on 7/19/05 11:09pm
Msg #53274

I, too, am grateful!

I always say "NEVER" when SoX calls.

Thanks to all who posted warnings about this scummy SS.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/19/05 11:36pm
Msg #53281

This must happen to SOX daily...my notary buddy down on the coast did the same thing this morning.

Reply by Maria Espinoza on 7/20/05 12:51am
Msg #53291

what about moible signing service? Girl at the other end has no sense of humor.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 7/20/05 8:46am
Msg #53311

SOX has never had a good reputation, but you know some poor, ill advised or unaware notary took that signing with a 99% chance of never seeing a dime out of it. It's just a shame that that company is still in business.

Reply by mes/IL on 7/20/05 10:00am
Msg #53329

SOX has called me 8 times in the past few weeks and I have a feeling they will call for EOM .I just don't understand how they can stay in business for this long with notaries from all over turning them down. They seem to be quoting higher prices lately as an incentive.I am surprised they keep calling me, as I have never accepted a job from them and told them why.They are always so frantic, talking very fast, I usually have to ask them to repeat the name of their company because they say it so fast.I wonder if they do that so I will think they are someone else!!

Reply by Leslie-Mo on 7/20/05 10:21am
Msg #53335

I did/accepted 8 signings for them over a 2 month period before finding this forum. Although it took a while they did pay me for all signings. They paid pretty much in the time frame they stated to me ( end of the next month following the signing). Since I was new I didn't know their fees were low and that other companies paid faster and more money. That's probably how they get other new notaries.

Reply by tnotary on 7/20/05 10:39am
Msg #53340

they have called me 8 times in the last two days. I told them I wasn't interested in working for them but they keep calling!!

Reply by CaSigner on 7/20/05 11:34am
Msg #53349

have we all established that they are the same as Signatures Plus? I see quit a few conflicting postings regarding this.

Reply by ann-ca on 7/20/05 2:43pm
Msg #53392

don't want to get suckered

I'm new and I have been a frequent reader of this board to learn how to deal with certain situations and to stay away from certain services such as SOX - Now since I don't want to be one of their suckers what does SOX stand for? or do they say SOX when they call?
btw- thanks for all the post warning against this company

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/20/05 2:44pm
Msg #53393

SOX = Sign on the X n/m

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/21/05 9:22am
Msg #53557

Re: SOX = Sign on the X n/m

It seems a reasonable request that they include your check for payment in full with the loan package. If they're serious about wanting the loan signed, and if they're desperate (which they always are) that's the way to go.

Reply by Dorothy/MI on 7/22/05 8:52pm
Msg #54000

It is 9:45 on a Friday night and I just received a call from Sign on the X. Would I go to a town about 45 minutes away tomorrow and do a signing with e-docs. The man at the other end was aghast that I didn't want to do a signing for someone who doesn't pay. They owe me for 2 or 3 signings from about 3 years ago and I told him that. His only answer was "would it help if we offered you more money?" I told him the price doesn't matter if I'm not going to be paid for it anyway! And yes he was a fast talker. Had to ask him twice what the name of the company was.

Reply by CalGal on 7/30/05 12:44pm
Msg #55905

I, too, was treated badly by SOX aka Sign on the X. Pass them up if they call you. It's not worth it!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.