Notary Rotary
Scheduling signings
Notary Discussion History

Scheduling signings
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Lydia Esther /Fl on 7/30/05 10:43am
Msg #55872

Scheduling signings

Do you accept the signing and schedule the time directly with the borrower or do you accept the signing and later schedule with the Borrowers ?

I have not accepted several signings because of the time requested and reading the messages in the forum I see that some Notaries change the time once they talk to the Borrowers ?

Reply by db_IL on 7/30/05 11:20am
Msg #55878

It is true that some signing times can be adjusted, but this issue should be addressed during the initial phone call from TC/SS. Perhaps can be something like this:

Notary: "Good morning this is Diligent Notary"

Title Company: "Hi this is Joe from the Lightning Fast/Generous Payment Title Company in Big City, IL we have a signing for Smalltown IL on Monday August 1 at 11 am would you be able to handle this assignment for us?"

N: (after asking transaction type, fax back requirements and how docs are delivered)
"Just a moment while I check my schedule (pause) Question, is that time of 11 am etched in stone or do you have some room for adjustment?"

TC: "I'm not sure. Of course we like to keep it close to this time but perhaps when you contact the Borrower you can make a change."

N: "Alright, depending on Borrower's flexibility I can accept the assignment. This will be following another signing and with the commute, 11 am will be quite a stretch - 11:30 or 12 would be better. As far as my fee it will be $xxx"

TC: "That will be fine, we'll send confirmation over. Thanks have a good weekend."

This gives you the go ahead to make small adjustments with Borrower, but if the TC/SS is very rigid at first. You may need to accept/decline the assignment with that specific time in view. But let them know why you're declining and say "if the time should be changed feel free to call me back". I've gotten alot of call backs that way.

Reply by Donna_CA on 7/30/05 11:56am
Msg #55889

Just an example that happened to me this past Thursday. I received a call for a 7:00PM signing and stated I was not at home and wouldn't get back until appx. 8:30. The SS said OK and we ended the call. He called me back about 10 minutes later and said the client was OK with my arriving after 9:00 PM. Since it was only about 10 minutes from my house and the realtor was going to also meet me there, I accepted. BUT, when I called the realtor, he said the client had to leave for work at exactly 10:00PM. Well long story short, by the time the docs printed (it was a first and second), I couldn't make his deadline so we arranged for the next morning at 6:00 AM. Realtor still picked up the docs which had to be delivered in person to TC because it had to fund that day but we were able to make the deadline.

Reply by PW California on 7/30/05 2:39pm
Msg #55939

I received a call Friday nignt to do a signing Saturday. I accepted and was told docs would be e-docs and I would receive a confirmation explaining companies procedures etc. Well I received the SS policies and procedures but still have not received e-docs from lender. The company was adament about call backs etc. but when I tried to call about e-docs they are closed. I do not have any phone numbers for lender and I doubt their working on Saturday.
The SS instructions said to schedule a appointment with borrowers within 1 hr of receiving an
assisignment, I personally think that would be foolish when I wasn't given an exact time I would receive docs. I have learned from this, make sure I get a time to expect docs and a phone number of the sender.

Reply by Lydia Esther/Fl on 7/30/05 3:16pm
Msg #55949

Thanks so much for your answers. I hate to loose business , maybe I can work around that !

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.