Notary Rotary
Shipping Loan Docs
Notary Discussion History

Shipping Loan Docs
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by PW California on 7/15/05 6:55pm
Msg #52560

Shipping Loan Docs

I have not received e-docs and would like to know who pays for the shipping loan docs back
to lender. If they pay do they have an account that I bill. Also would I have to have an account to receive shipping materials from shipper.

Thanks,

Pam

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 7/15/05 6:57pm
Msg #52563

An account number is almost always included with the instructions. If there is not an account number to use, then call and get one. No, you don't need an account to receive documents.

Reply by PW California on 7/15/05 7:14pm
Msg #52564

Barbara,

Thanks for responding would you mind telling me what types of packaging is preferred my most lenders. This would save me some time in ordering supplies that I won't use. I live in a rural area with drop boxes only.

Thank you

Pam

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 7/15/05 7:22pm
Msg #52567

I can only speak for myself and I'm in the city. FedEx is used more than UPS and occasionally a courier service like California Overnight.

However, you being in a rural area might be different.

I'd be curious what other peoples responses are.

Reply by PW California on 7/15/05 7:25pm
Msg #52568

Barbara,

What type of packaging materials should I order when I call the Shipper?

Thanks

Pam

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 7/15/05 8:04pm
Msg #52575

FedEx use the re-useable legal size envelopes.
UPS uses soft envelopes (like bags).

You'll need a supply of blank labels.

Reply by PW California on 7/15/05 9:09pm
Msg #52586

Thank you, Barbara!

Pam

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/15/05 9:11pm
Msg #52587

I've noticed a trend that more and more lenders and title companies are using FedEx for their packages. It used to be UPS 3 to 2, but now FedEx is hands down the leader, probably by 4 to 1.

Reply by Elizabeth Atwood on 7/15/05 9:17pm
Msg #52590

I set up an account online with DHL (my least favorite), UPS, and Fedex and ordered the air bills and legal size packs. In order to set up the accounts I had to provide a credit card even though these supplies are free, and delivered to my door! I have twice in the last year, in a frenzy, forgot to put the reciever's account number on the airbill and have been charged. Each time I called the carrier and gave them the title co. , or SS co. account number and the charged was refunded.

Reply by droman/IL on 7/15/05 10:59pm
Msg #52617

I have done the same as well. UPS now also offers legal-sized reusable envelopes, and those are great. Here in CHGO, preferred lender is also FEDEX, but I do get UPS (and sometimes DHL)

Reply by JanetK/CA on 7/16/05 3:50pm
Msg #52682

Actually, both UPS and FedEx have reusable legal-size cardboard envelopes which some lenders/TCs are now requiring. With FedEx, however, I believe you do need to have an account and order them to get a supply. (Most of the offices give them out sparingly - at least where I am.)

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/17/05 8:46pm
Msg #52855

Never, ever, pay shipping!

You are extremely unlikely to get reimbursed! Most signing services, title companies, etc., have deals with FedEx, UPS, DHL, or some other shipper that gets them lower rates than we could get as individuals.

The only reason for you to pay shipping is if you goof and have to ship a corrected / updated document. Then you'll earn points by paying the shipping.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.