Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Some B. should have constant monitoring for mental comp..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Nicole_NCali on 7/10/05 9:34am
Msg #50832

I had a signing yesterday for a 30 something husband and wife. The terms of the loan was decent, the packet was a World Savings with a 7 year fixed that was under 1400 with impounds included. The husband starts spouting off about the settlement charges, (which were under 2k including title) and states "we should call Ditech". In my mind, I am rolling my eyes and wondering if he took his Xanax for the day.

The borrower wife, gets on the phone and starts dialing the number to Ditech..crazy I know. I explain to these two mental patients the 3 RTC and that this packet will either be signed now or they will lose their lock. Either way I am not going to sit at the table after all of the docs have been signed and notarized by the way while they go window shopping which I state" I have other appointments but the wait will be an additional $75. The wife states with a straight face "what is your hurry, we just want to see if we can get a better loan". I pick up my cell, call the broker and inform her that these two dimwits aren't even sure of what they are signing and haven't even explored all of their options. We both kind of snicker because after looking over the scores on both, we both know they are subprime and Ditech will probably gouge them with a 2 yr fixed.

The key to the story is that as an SA, we must be part notary, part common sense doctology (my own new idiosm)and have the patients of Job.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/10/05 9:53am
Msg #50838

Didn't know Job was a physicianSmiley

Reply by thnotary_NY on 7/10/05 10:46am
Msg #50843

Wouldn't that be ......part common sense doctologist.? Besides, who would want Job's patients, don't we have enough headaches of our own.?

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 7/10/05 12:16pm
Msg #50848

doctologist, you are correct. I re-read my post, and the grammar is atrocious. I guess after 5 signings on a Saturday..well we should be happy that I am not sitting in a corner sucking my thumb and drooling. :-)

Reply by carlosnyc on 7/10/05 2:46pm
Msg #50866

Re: Some B. should have constant monitoring for mental comp.

Hey I know what you mean. I was at a signing the other day and we were more than half way through the all the docs. I had already notarized a number of forms. Out of the clear blue sky, Ms. Borrower looks dead in my face and asks, " Oh are you a notary too". I just smiled and said yesssssssss.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.