Notary Rotary
Suggestion for Additional Notary Income
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by IrisWA on 7/13/05 4:19pm
Msg #51755

At a recent signing, a Borrower offered an unsolicited suggestion for increasing notary business. His suggestion had to do with Little League. He said that when it comes time to renew membership each year (?), "hundreds" of forms need to be notarized, and suggested I get in touch with some. (He wasn't a participating parent, so had no more information for me.)

Personally, I'm wondering how it could be organized to be done in all one trip ... to be sure all the parents had ID, etc. (I get the mental image of "hundreds" of kids lining up for flu shots! -- oh, well, not merely "hyper," as Brenda_TX pointed out, but also bizarre!)

I have no idea how viable this suggestion is, and I'm not a parent nor do I know any whose children are in Little League, so I haven't checked it out. Still, I thought some of you out there might be interested in exploring this. Never can tell -- it might prove to be profitable.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 7/13/05 4:23pm
Msg #51761

They get volunteers for this type of thing...

My daughter plays club soccer and I volunteer for registration. I'm sure little league has plenty of notary parents too.

Reply by IrisWA on 7/13/05 4:38pm
Msg #51773

Okie-dokie, Cherilyn in CO ... was just a thought! n/m

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 7/13/05 4:39pm
Msg #51774

I do school function notarizations....

for free. Usually a school secretary is also a notary or one of the parents shows up at a meeting and notarizes for free. Also, many secretaries at our doctor's offices are notaries. Local bank branches where parents have a bank account will also notarize for free.

You should check around to see if parents are paying for this service. In my area we have never needed "hundreds of forms" notarized.

Reply by IrisWA on 7/13/05 4:40pm
Msg #51775

Thanks, Bobbi in CT -- wasn't for me anyway :) -- n/m

Reply by sue on 7/13/05 8:29pm
Msg #51842

my son played in little league for the ~10 years you are allowed to and I never had to have anything notarized. perhaps it's a different world now a days!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.