Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Tell me is this fair? What would you do?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Natalie Brobst on 7/26/05 4:23pm
Msg #54840

I did a signing for American Signing Connection. We agreed to $60 for my trip fee (yes, I know that's low but I was looking for business and it was right around the corner from my house - I don't charge that low anymore!) and $25 for e-docs. I went to the signing the borrower opted not to sign the docs. He contacts me back and wants to sign them. I call American Signing Connection and at first they didn't mention a second trip fee charge, I asked for it, they wanted to give $25. In the meantime the lender contacted me directly and I inquired with her as to my fee and she said she would get it increased. American Signing calls me back and says $45. So, I agreed to it. I completed the signing. Okay so it's 2 months later and 2 phone calls later that I get a check and it's only for $105 not $130. So, I call them and explain the story to AP. She calls me back and says we're square because since the first trip it wasn't signed they were only going to pay me half. I told her that was not explained to me nor agreed upon. What should I do? I know it's only $25 but that's not right!

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 7/26/05 4:35pm
Msg #54843

If it isn't in writing, there isn't much that can be done...frustrating. Always be sure to get agreed fees in writing, even trip charges.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/26/05 4:36pm
Msg #54845

Thanks! I will make sure I do that from now on! Can't be too trusting with anyone it seems like! That's sad!

Reply by Kimberly-IN on 7/26/05 4:37pm
Msg #54846

unfortunately, you have to learn the hard ways sometimes

Reply by Anon on 7/26/05 11:41pm
Msg #54965

American Signing Connections-Getting to be like SOX

First of all, you should know that she collects at least $200.00 from her signing companies. I contracted with her for $125.00, and she doced me $25.00 without cause, without communication, and without an apology. Eight months later, she still won't pay. I believe AMERICAN SIGNING CONNECTIONS IS DISHONEST AND THEY ARE TO BE AVOIDED. I believe she is now finding it difficult to get notaries because of this reputation of having an avaricious appetite to doc fees from already underpaid notaries! Like SOX -STAY AWAY OR YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/27/05 1:01am
Msg #54987

Re: American Signing Connections-Getting to be like SOX

Please tell me you haven't spent 8 months chasing after $25.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/27/05 8:08am
Msg #55001

Re: American Signing Connections-Getting to be like SOX

And, who are you? I have done many for them and have had absolutely no problems with their service, attitude, fees or timeliness. And, for what I've heard here by others (who actually use their names), they too have said similar experiences.

Your continued crying through an anonymous veil certainly doesn't carry any weight (at least with me) and just sounds like someone who has an axe to grind.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.