Notary Rotary
This is my competition!
Notary Discussion History

This is my competition!
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Joan-OH on 7/27/05 11:13pm
Msg #55260

This is my competition!

My Niece who got me into this business told me a horrifying story this morning. She is 4.5 months pregnant and had an OB appointment today. She arrives and the doctors are running late and there are about 25 pregnant women in the waiting room (remember those long afternoons waiting for the overbooked doctor ).

Shortly after, a woman in jeans, with briefcase, a 2 & 4 year old comes into the waiting room. Out comes the loan package while she tells the borrower she "forgot all about the appointment and these had to be signed" Apparently, the appointment was for an earlier time and when contacted by the borrower and finding out that the borrower was sitting in an OB waiting room, she decided this might be a good place to perform a loan signing.

No music or TV in the waiting room. The only entertainment or sound for that matter was the closing where the signer continually said, "I don't know, just sign here"

Oh yes - the best part. 25 pregnant women who ALL managed to get babysitters. The only kids in the waiting room were the signers toddlers.

I asked my Niece which title company and she said she wanted to ask, but the pregnant signer was called back before she could. Had to scratch out the last few signatures before she could go.

Don't know if it can get any worse than this! Sheesh!

Joan-OH

Reply by Lawrence Goodwin on 7/28/05 9:06am
Msg #55317

Nice to now your competition is a real professional Joan.

Reply by Philem_OH on 7/28/05 9:52am
Msg #55326

Ack! Though, since I'm in Ohio as well, maybe Joan and I will get all the business that this SA messes up. :-)

-Jim

Reply by JanetK/CA on 7/28/05 3:44pm
Msg #55393

Hearing that is like nails on a blackboard to me (for those of you who even remember what a blackboard is...) and reflects badly on the whole profession! Yikes! Hard to believe some people can be that clueless!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.