Thoughts are with you Floridians n/m
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by GenCal on 7/9/05 10:30pm
Msg #50810

Thoughts are with you Floridians n/m

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/10/05 3:03am
Msg #50822

Re: Thoughts are with you Floridians

Ditto....Im watching the weather channel and I do pray that all of you are well and stay safe. They are now saying that it is a category 4.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 7/10/05 9:31am
Msg #50830

Re: Thoughts are with you Floridians

I live on the East Coast, so we are only getting some rain. I am packed and ready to go at any minute. I got FEMA certified in June and I could get a call at any time after the hurricane and when damages need to be assessed. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonaide. I did a tremendous amount of property inspections last year due to the hurricanes and now that the signings have slowed down, I am ready to do insurance inspections for hurricane damage.

Reply by Monica - FL on 7/10/05 11:19am
Msg #50845

Re: Thoughts are with you Floridians for Margaret

Margaret - I live in The Villages, just south of Ocala. I have been a notary for 30 years and a signing agent for a lot less however, I see a lot of notaries say they are doing property inspections. How does one get into that? Do you need to take special classes/training? Thank you.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 7/10/05 12:18pm
Msg #50849

Re: Thoughts are with you Floridians for Margaret

Yes, I have been doing property inspections for over a year now. I do commericial, residential, government HUD foreclosures and FEMA inspections. .I have had the training to do all of these. Training from HUD, FEMA and I work for CWIS, LLC that HUD contracts and Parr Inspections that FEMA contracts. HUD and FEMA have training and so do the companies that they contract. You can go to www.parrinspections.com and see the classes on the website being held all over the country. You have to already be an inspector and have a login ID to view the advanced training classes. I have already attended one of the classes listed. I have training with HUD on 7/21 in Atlanta, if I am not deployed to Pensecola after the hurricane. I will be attending an advanced training class for FEMA on 8/10 in Savannah, GA. I have only done 2 signings this week. I only accept the ones that pay $125 or above, I turned down many calls for $50 and onbe for $40. The stress is not worth it, I also do not do same days signings anymore because of all the problems that come with that. Anything below $125 that is a waste of my time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.