To TCMN of post #54609 re organizing local NSAs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Melody on 7/28/05 10:01pm
Msg #55492

Dear TCMN

Would you please contact me? I have been trying to educate the 10 or so NSAs in my rural area about how we can band together to stop being ridiculously underpaid. I am getting a lot of suspicious resistance. I would love to get advice from you.

Please email me at [e-mail address] or call me at (360) 510-6530.

THANK YOU!!!!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

For those of you who missed TCMN's terrific post, here it is.

TCMN on 7/25/05 10:05pm
Msg #54609 from logged in user

SS: "Hello CA, I'm wondering if you're available to do a closing tonight at 6pm?"

CA: "Where's it at?"

SS: "Lil-ole-town"

CA: "Is this a refi or heloc?"

SS: "Refi."

CA: "Who's the lender?, is it Ameriquest?"

SS: "no"

CA: "I'm available, what are you authorized to pay?"

SS: "$75, we only get $100"

CA: "I'm sorry, I won't do a refi, where I print docs and drive 45mins one way for that."

SS: "well, what would your fee be?"

CA: "$150, plus $25 for the printing and having a customer copy."

SS: "Would you take $110?"

CA: "No, I'm sorry. That would be my fee and since I'm the closest signing agent to that area and am available, see if you can find anyone else for less and when you don't find anyone for less, then when you get my fee approved give me a call back. I book up pretty fast though so, please don't wait too long, I'd like to help you out with this one."

I guarantee you, if your fees are not exessive, they call back. I generally get at least 70% calling me back. The thing you have to watch is taking control of the questioning, and staying firm when you answer. Make sure you have the knowledge of who your competition is and where they are traveling to. I know my area and have networked with the notaries in the area and we've banded together to have the same fees. And when some "snake" of a SS (and we all know who are the one's that low-ball) calls and we quote our fee and they don't bite, we call each other and tell each other what we quoted and then start going higher. That way one of us will get it and it'll be whomever they get in touch with the last time. We keep our fees up where they should be that way.

So, for all the people who don't want to network or think someone will take all your business...think out of the box and band together to bring the fees up. The companies HAVE TO get loans closed and should EVERYONE possible quote the same fees...they WILL pay it.

jmo

Reply by Wa notary on 7/28/05 10:16pm
Msg #55500

What state are you in?

Reply by Melody on 7/28/05 10:20pm
Msg #55502

WA ~n/m

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 7/28/05 10:27pm
Msg #55504

Suspicious resistance... great description!!! n/m

Reply by Wa notary on 7/28/05 11:07pm
Msg #55522

Re: Suspicious resistance... great description!!! n/m

mmmmmmm, does this mean never mind, I am in the Puget Sound area??? Sorry for not being "up" on all of the lingo...

Reply by IrisWA on 7/28/05 11:11pm
Msg #55524

Re: Suspicious resistance... great description!!! n/m

LOL -- "n/m" means (usually) no other message in the Message Box. In other words, the Subject IS the message.

(LOL .... 'never mind I'm in the Puget Sound region')

Reply by Melody on 7/28/05 11:10pm
Msg #55523

Suspicious resistance explained

My opinion on the "suspicious" part is that the SS said they were only being paid $100 and later offered the NSA $110.

read the partial post below:

SS: "$75, we only get $100"

CA: "I'm sorry, I won't do a refi, where I print docs and drive 45mins one way for that."

SS: "well, what would your fee be?"

CA: "$150, plus $25 for the printing and having a customer copy."

SS: "Would you take $110?"

Reply by Wa notary on 7/28/05 11:20pm
Msg #55525

Re: Suspicious resistance explained

Well, my face is red...... thanks for the explaination. I am a "newbie" at this board biz. 2 and 1/2 years doing signings. Gone to the school of hard knocks.

Reply by IrisWA on 7/28/05 11:24pm
Msg #55529

The only red face should be from sunburn - n/m

Reply by Wa notary on 7/28/05 11:27pm
Msg #55530

Re: The only red face should be from sunburn - n/m

to go along with the blonde hair..... and the plus 5 is nothin buy sunshine...... Smiley

Reply by IrisWA on 7/28/05 11:38pm
Msg #55533

What part of WA? OT * (means OFF TOPIC)

I'm in Snohomish County ... and I don't see much of the sun these days due to studying to become a medical transcriptionist. (Had to laugh when I read a post from someone who currently IS a medical transcriptionist and wants to become a notary.)

Been doing signings myself just about the same amount of time as you ... only very sporadically over the past year.

Reply by Melody on 7/28/05 11:49pm
Msg #55536

Iris - contact me

I thought you were in Eastern WA. I don't cover Snohomish county. I cover Whatcom and some areas of Skagit.

eMail me to chat. I might have some leads for you. I have been doing this for 9 years. I have done thousands of loans.

[e-mail address]

I'll give you my cell number by email.

Reply by IrisWA on 7/29/05 12:00am
Msg #55540

Re: Iris - contact me

Will do it -- but likely tomorrow -- cat has been sick all day, and I've got to get some studying done.

Smiley Thanks in advance for the potential leads! Smiley

Reply by IrisWA on 7/29/05 12:15am
Msg #55542

Melody -- e-mail on its way after all - n/m

Msg #55543

Msg #55544

Reply by IrisWA on 7/29/05 12:16am
Msg #55545

OOOPS--there was a POSTing delay, so I hit it 3X-n/m

Reply by Wa notary on 7/29/05 7:59am
Msg #55579

Re: What part of WA? OT * (means OFF TOPIC)

I am in rural SE King Co., and I do get called to your area at times. Would be good to have your info to refer....... As for me, my "day job" includes laundry, dishes, and the carpool.................. Not as sunburned as I would love to be~
You are right, the Pacific NW is our own little paradise!!! Slugs and all~~

Reply by IrisWA on 7/28/05 10:27pm
Msg #55505

Re: WA ~n/m

Where in WA, Melody?

Reply by Melody on 7/28/05 10:30pm
Msg #55506

Re: WA ~n/m

Just under Vancouver, BC. I think you and I have a hundred or so miles of mountains between us.

I have been impressed with your knowledge of WA notary regulations in your posts. Unusal in our no-test state!

Reply by IrisWA on 7/28/05 10:37pm
Msg #55512

You make me blush ....

and it feels DARNED good! Thanks! (I periodically reread the laws -- and I've asked the head of Customer Service at the Division of Licensing lots of questions (like about our fees). They are planning a rewrite of the laws, but no testing is planned.

But darn! I was hoping we'd be in the same area -- I'd be interested in banding together even though I don't own chains or snow tires. ;)

Reply by TCMN on 7/28/05 10:32pm
Msg #55509

Melody...

I'm in the middle of a phone call right now...I will email you in a minute.

Reply by Melody on 7/28/05 10:35pm
Msg #55511

Thank you!

Can't wait!

Reply by Brijoe_WA on 7/29/05 12:24am
Msg #55551

Re: Thank you!

I feel left out...looks like all the WA notaries came out for this post.

Reply by IrisWA on 7/29/05 12:36am
Msg #55557

Awwww--haven't heard from Andy yet! - n/m

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/29/05 1:31am
Msg #55561

Re: Awwww--haven't heard from Andy yet! - n/m

FWIW, Melody is a good person.
I consider her to be a trusted and personal friend.

Reply by IrisWA on 7/29/05 1:48am
Msg #55562

It's worth a lot, BrendaTX--I could "feel" that - n/m

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/29/05 4:36am
Msg #55569

Man, this is no where near that bunch of peasant trying to fight a whole army in the movie "Brave Heart". There got to be more than just 4 WA notary on this board and I'm about the only one hundreds mile from y'all.

Great mind think the same Melody, I feel riped-green now that I want to start reaching out and network with post #55262, but no response so far. Guess I drove everyone away with the last statement of the post.

I do a check once a while to see how fast my area is saturated. There was about 75 last month and is 105 now. Those numbers are nothing compared to other's area, and there are plenty of SA taking "Nations Direct" signings. I thank those who took all the signings I turned down over the year. Exactly my strategy as Brenda commented in a thread not long ago about letting your competitions fill their schedule with low ballers then take the bread & butter when the EOM feast begins.

Reply by Wa notary on 7/29/05 8:03am
Msg #55582

I did catch that you were quite a ways down the road, there, Andy.........
I like that acronym, ripe green, I think.........
Thanks to all!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.