Notary Rotary
WANNA BE Signing Agent
Notary Discussion History

WANNA BE Signing Agent
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by new notary CA. on 7/25/05 1:51am
Msg #54426

WANNA BE Signing Agent

Learning a lot here seems to be a problem getting paid as a signing agent , but whats your opinions on the on-line internet signing agent classes. They say they give you a certificate.

Reply by Melody on 7/25/05 2:07am
Msg #54427

Message 33325

Certificates are worth dirt. No one cares about them. Experience counts.

Read post #33325 and every message on its thread.
Message #33325 is at url:
http://www.notaryrotary.com/forums/forumsbody.asp?id=&forumid=1AAA00000003&messageid=1AAA00076138&action=view&rid=&replytonbr=&replytoid=&subject=&format=threaded

Good luck!

Reply by New Notary Ca. on 7/25/05 2:21am
Msg #54430

Re: Message 33325

THANKS I read post #33325 , but that was one heck of a url. to type [smile]

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/25/05 6:46am
Msg #54440

Re: Message 33325-New Notary Ca.

**but that was one heck of a url. to type [smile]**

Cut out that humor, my friend! It's not welcome here. Lots of the posters don't think anything is funny.

Smiley

Reply by Allison B/ Scal on 7/25/05 9:08am
Msg #54454

My Opinion Regarding Certificates

I disagree with Melody. A certificate is important to SOME COMPANIES showing that you have, at least, studied the subject and possibly taken a test. I don'tknow anything about on-line courses but credit a great part of my success the "live" loan signing seminar I attended and the instructor (super lady). I am in my second commission and my 2nd year as a loan signer and I DO have companies now asking me for PROOF of my "certified" status. The boards are good for finding out who pays, who doesn't and who's slow, however, I always give a new company ONE CHANCE before forming my OWN opinion and you should too! Good Luck

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/25/05 2:20am
Msg #54429

"seems to be a problem getting paid as a signing agent"

Not at all. We're gonna bitch about it because it's annoying and it's nice to have kindred spirits, but the reality is that most of us have EXTREMELY low no pays. Mine are maybe .5% of all the signings I've ever done, and I don't even think it's that high.

There are just a lot of people in here who don't treat this like a business. Part of being in business is suffering the occasional loss. Nobody likes it, but anybody who thinks it's a major problem in this business needs to get a reality check; it's not, it's completely normal. And if somebody is suffering unusually high losses, there's something seriously wrong with their method of choosing which work to accept.

Reply by Joan-OH on 7/25/05 7:55am
Msg #54442

Cali is right. In 2.5 years, 1300 loans, I have been stiffed 4 times ($50 companies) and shorted twice ($25 each). I find most eventually pay given enough time. I try to keep track of who I do and don't want to work for helping me avoid the non-payers. This, and other boards, are a good way to find out.

Joan-OH

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/25/05 8:21am
Msg #54445

What's having a certificate got to do with getting paid? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.