Notary Rotary
Welcome back, Hugh Nations, and good health to you
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by TitleGalCA on 7/4/05 12:23am
Msg #49735

Although I don't know you one whit, I've enjoyed tremendously your posts on this board (well, there's been one or two that I took issue with, but that's ok).

You always entertain me in one way or another, namely 1) either to remind me of my responsibility on this board as a member of the real estate community of which I take seriously; or 2) to remind me that the written or spoken word is the most powerful thing we have; or 3) just generally that I have the privilige of being able to to gain from the experience of a (real estate) lawyer, and other RE professionals...as a para legal in a prior life (long since dead, thank you very much); you give so very much to this community. Good advice, no BS, and entertainment.

What more can you ask of a retired lawyer? Well, alot, frankly...but in light of my good mood and the great laughs you've given me (albeit from a TX lawyer) I'll quote a really good title insurer underwriter with his favorite lawyer jokes:

"Q: Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, an honest lawyer and an old drunk are walking down the street together when they simultaneously spot a hundred dollar bill. Who gets it?
A: The old drunk, of course; the other three are mythical creatures.

Best of good health to you, Hugh and again, thanks for the so many enlightening posts and advice. You're a credit to your profession...sometimes Smiley

Reply by HisHughness on 7/4/05 5:10pm
Msg #49790

TitleGalCA extends plaudits, including:

***I have the privilige of being able to to gain from the experience of a (real estate) lawyer***

Thanks awfully for the kind words. However, I don't want to be operating under false pretenses; I save that for singles bars. I was not and am not a real estate lawyer. I didn't like real estate law when I practiced, and, since my partner was a broker, I didn't have to do any of it. I have immensely enjoyed being a signing agent in my retirement, however. The last 5-6 years of my practice was devoted largely to assisting men in family law matters, where they consistenly get raped by the legal system. I retired as executive director of a non-profit organization that offers legal, counseling and DNA services to men in family law.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.