from the closing table.
As you all know, all lenders require different instructions. An
important fact regarding 99% of our closings is the call you make from the
closing table to the Closing Call team.
The special instructions on all confirmations state whether a call is
needed or not.
Effective 7/18 if the Closing Call team has to call you during the
closing, this will result in a $10 fee deduction. Please make sure you are
always calling at the beginning of the closing.
We know that a large majority of the time this is happening and this is
more of a reminder.
Escrow does check their voice mails if calls are made after hours;
messages left and verified by escrow will not count against you.
If you have any questions, please email [e-mail address]
Sincerely,
First American Signature Services"

Since FASS (a title company) pays $50 for a signing, now they will deduct 20% if you call them from the signing with a HUD question?!?

Just stop working for FASS.

The local title companies for First American will call you for their loans and they pay TC fees.

Tell FASS to go F*** a R***.

Reply by DonnaV/CA on 7/16/05 1:36am
Msg #52644

I think that what they are saying is that you need to call them at the beginning of the closing. If they have to call YOU, then they will deduct $.... but of course timing is everything.. if they call you first.. then they get to deduct.

Reply by feelin on 7/16/05 3:00am
Msg #52650

What a bunch of F#$*KS! n/m

Reply by Teasa/NY on 7/16/05 8:37am
Msg #52659

Re: What a bunch of F#$*KS! n/m

I haven't done one in a while but I used to get instructions to call at beginning of each sign and when I did no one would answer. I would always get voice mail or it would ring and ring, but it was my fault. They are messed up. In the 2 and a half years I signed for them I don't think there is one person still there from 2 years ago.

Reply by Bobbi in CT on 7/16/05 8:47am
Msg #52660

FASS calls. Not to worry ...

I called them for two days prior to signing because there was an error on documents to be signed, left multiple messages and please call me 24/7. Calls never returned. Couldn't even get a live person, just voice mails.

Borrowers saw error, too. Understood my dilema and explained I could not get a return call. They said their lender wasn't any better. Just signed anyway ($ correct). Called the ASAP if there's a problem at the table number while with borrowers. Just voice mail - left messages. No return call.

Called after the signing - just voice mail, left message.
Put a note with documents and calls made, no reply.

Borrowers got funded. I got my check. None of us know if the error was corrected after signings; neither of us care. (Borrowers turned out to be people that I see around town.)

Don't know why we have to call FASS when there's no one answering the phones or returning messages. Even the "emergency number from the table" isn't answer DURING BUSINESS HOURS and the call isn't returned.

Has anyone ever had FASS return a call?

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/16/05 11:44am
Msg #52665

1st FASS in 5 years and

It really wasn't that bad. Yes, I called at the start of the signing...800 #...they did answer; ask a few babysitting questions; didn't take very long. HOWEVER~~oh, yeah, I have a few howevers that I'm sure they won't listen to or do anything about, but here goes:
1. I wonder if they realize how totally inept this call makes their notaries appear--right from the start.
2.Having to call Big Brother before doing anything DOES NOT instill much confidence in the Borrower about what is going on. Yes, I can overcome that; but it's just another ding-thing.
3. If FASS feels it's necessary to tell you to check the HUD to see if funds are due from the Borrower & remind you to 'get the check', maybe they're hiring the wrong notaries and maybe they should pay more for experienced ones---and make up the difference by what they save on their phone bill.
4. This signing was about as close to home as I've been in months...yet when I walked in the door, FASS was on the phone wanting status. I imagine if I'd had back to back signings & was someplace where I couldn't call, we'd have had a problem.
5. I absolutely HATE the babysitting and probably won't work for them again.
6. Which is why they are left with notaries that require babysitting.
7. Will this industry ever learn??? Experience counts!
End of rant.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/16/05 12:12pm
Msg #52670

Re: 1st FASS in 5 years and

"It really wasn't that bad."

Wow, it sounds "that bad" to me. You must have a much higher BS tolerance than I do. But most people do.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/16/05 1:06pm
Msg #52672

Yes, I do. I'm married~~ LOL

Reply by patricia on 7/16/05 6:44pm
Msg #52711

I think it is also a rudeness to the borrower to interupt their business transaction with
needless phone calls.

Reply by BP_WV on 7/16/05 6:34pm
Msg #52707

Re: FASS calls. Not to worry ...

"Has anyone ever had FASS return a call?"

nope.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.