Notary Rotary
CA- choosing the certificate
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jenny/CA on 7/22/05 4:30pm
Msg #53940

Read the threads, still need a teenzy bit more of clarification......
on my first signing there were several documents that needed notariztion with the wordin "sworn or affirmed" BUT the wording " proved to my by satisfactory evidence " was omitted. Unless I misunderstood I thought that all CA jurats now have to have the additional wording. I attached the new jurats but it seemed that I was attaching TOO many. I thought like some one else mentiioned .."when in doubt", now I am wondering if in choosin to include the new certificate was that UPL?

Reply by erin_CenCal on 7/22/05 5:08pm
Msg #53947

Jenny,

Attaching loose certificates to a document that has incomplete or incorrect CA wording is not UPL, it is your job as a notary. If the document had no notarial wording on it, and you attached an ack. or jurat cert. to it, THAT would be UPL. I know, sometimes it does feel like all you are doing is attaching loose certificates, but hopefully the lenders will start putting the correct CA wording on their docs. Until then...staple (or stamp) away!

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/22/05 5:15pm
Msg #53952

Thank you so much!

Like I mentioned before in other postings I know I made plenty of mistakes from my first signing and I am trying to learn as much as I can before the next one.

Reply by JanetK/CA on 7/22/05 5:44pm
Msg #53959

FYI, the new jurat wording referencing "satifactory evidence" only went into effect as of the first of this year, so it's not surprising to find lots of wording that doesn't yet reflect it. I'm seeing more and more docs that do have the new wording, but I think it's something we'll be watching for for a very long time! You did the right thing by providing the correct wording. BTW, if you have a jurat stamp, and if there is room on the document, that can save having to add a loose certificateall the time.

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/22/05 6:13pm
Msg #53968

Re: jurat stamp

I do have the jurat stamp. I used it and the ink bled., there was this huge block of smeared ink! It was the first time I used it. It was so sloppy. I added a loose certificaate. I have been so embarrased I haven't even called to follow up with the SS. I figure that I probalby wont get paid for my first two signings because of all the mistakes I made.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 7/22/05 11:33pm
Msg #54049

Jenny, did you get your stamp from NNA? I had the same problem, I sent it back and ordered another from notrot , it has very tiny font, but prints smoothly every time

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/22/05 11:58pm
Msg #54052

I did purchase it from the NNA at the Las Vegas Convention. I'll try to return it since it's been a while. Thank you for the tip I'll order the new stamp from Notary Rotary.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.