deposition...
Notary Discussion History

deposition...
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 7/8/05 3:58pm
Msg #50646

deposition...

if you've done one, would you care to share your experience? Tia
Just curious as they can be pretty hairy? I had to give a deposition once and the other attorney's client was wearing sunglasses lol...was that for intimidation or fear of looking me in the eye?

Reply by Ted_MI on 7/8/05 8:59pm
Msg #50679

Charm,

As an overview, a deposition is part of the discovery process in civil litigation. It is an opportunity for the side taking the deposition to obtain information that will hopefully be useful to them. As you probably are now aware, you were put under oath before your deposition began and then asked a series of questions. And I am sure there was a court reporter present who recorded both the questions that were posed to you and your answers to those questions.

As to why the client was wearing sunglasses, who knows? Usually clients are not present during the course of depositions.

Reply by CFW on 7/10/05 9:31am
Msg #50831

I beg to differ with you Ted. My husband, when he was alive, was an attorney and his client's almost always attended the deposition(s) The client has the right to attend if he/she wants to.

Reply by CindyinCA on 7/9/05 11:27am
Msg #50754

I've been a deposition court reporter for 10 years, and I've been doing signings for the past
2-3 months now. Love being a court reporter and really enjoy signings. Can't believe how easy signings are compared to taking depositions. I feel like I'm taking candy from a baby when getting paid for a signing. Some of you might take offense to that, but court reporting is very stressful and underpaid.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.