docs sent to borrower and then....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Gajillion/AL on 7/14/05 5:25pm
Msg #52222

Docs sent to borrower.
Got to appt. at her office and husband was on some of the docs (not on loan) so had to reschedule as husband was on construction site and could no way get there.
Only ONE set of docs were sent. Not even a return envelope or label.
Days later after 2 reschedules I informed SS again that only 1 set of docs came to borrower.
SS says that we are not responsible (them nor me) to get copies to borrower, she says borrower can make her own or request a copy from lender.
This is very unusual to me. Do I make a copy for her as she gave me the docs to hold onto? They are not date sensitive.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/14/05 5:34pm
Msg #52226

I would make a copy of the Note, the HUD, the required copies of the RTC and the TIL. The rest they will have to get from the company, unless the company wanted to pay me to make copies. I would not hang around the borrowers while they made the copies either (even supposing the borrower has a copier)

Reply by Gajillion/AL on 7/14/05 5:49pm
Msg #52234

Thank you so much Sylvia! I value your expertise and professionalism. Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.