Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
dumb question but just want to make sure regarding jurat..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by CA on 7/15/05 7:33pm
Msg #52570

Mortgagor's affidavit- wording at bottom: sworn to and subsrcibed to me before this day...
Have them sign, leave my part blank and staple a loose jurat to it? How do you know when it is a jurat, when the wording has sworn to in it? I've seen this same doc with different wording. Just wanted to make sure!!!!! Thanks...

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/15/05 7:41pm
Msg #52571

Re: dumb question but just want to make sure regarding jurat

Exactly. You'll run across quite a few jurats that don't have the correct CA wording on it, you must always either attach a loose one or stamp the correct wording onto it.

If it has a variation of sworn and subscribed it's a jurat, if it has the word "acknowledged" in it it's an acknowledgement. Pretty easy to tell which you need.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/15/05 9:09pm
Msg #52585

Cali explains:

***If it has a variation of sworn and subscribed it's a jurat, if it has the word "acknowledged" in it it's an acknowledgement. Pretty easy to tell which you need.***

Unless it is like one I encountered today, which said "Sworn and subscribed to and acknowledged..."

Sometimes, even with a scorecard, you can't tell the players.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/15/05 9:13pm
Msg #52588

>>> ... said "Sworn and subscribed to and acknowledged..." <<<

Ah, the one and only true all purpose notary certificate. Gotta luv it.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/15/05 9:17pm
Msg #52591

>>> ... said "Sworn and subscribed to and acknowledged..." <<<

AG Maddox ruled that such an ack should be accepted by county clerks on conveyance instruments. However, as I understand the law, each local court can determine if these AG opinions will be adhered to, or advisory.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.