Notary Rotary
hello can someone help me
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by ls on 7/24/05 7:01pm
Msg #54329

i went and did a signing yesterday for a refinance loan, I usually check the paper to make sure everything was there, good thing that the signers rescheduled to monday, the loan packet did not have a right to recission, i called the loan officer and he said that he didnt care, he further asked me to date the loan for friday's date, I told him no because i can get in trouble and he said that if i didnt do it that he would not give me the job or ever hire me again what should i do

Reply by Martha Gall CA on 7/24/05 7:08pm
Msg #54331

Say thank you - that way I won't have to turn you down.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/24/05 7:09pm
Msg #54332

Under no circumstances do you EVER backdate notarized docs

REGARDLESS of what ANY Loan Officer says. I would call this person back and ask them where he would like his documents returned to and tell him that you don't need to perform illegal acts in order to work and you will be forwarding his request regarding this loan number and borrower to both the Secretary of State and to the local County Recorder.

Reply by Rick_NY on 7/24/05 7:13pm
Msg #54334

Re: Under no circumstances do you EVER backdate notarized docs

Most loan officers are idiots. Good job.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/24/05 7:16pm
Msg #54335

(*i went and did a signing yesterday for a refinance loan, I usually check the paper to make sure everything was there, good thing that the signers rescheduled to monday, the loan packet did not have a right to recission, i called the loan officer and he said that he didnt care, he further asked me to date the loan for friday's date, I told him no because i can get in trouble and he said that if i didnt do it that he would not give me the job or ever hire me again what should i do*)

Try using adult-like punctuation and capitalization in your writing. You'll garner more respect from those you work with and receive less of the kind of garbage from those who hire you if you display an appreciation for professionalism and display more of a confident self-image.

Being confident and professional in your writing here will spill over into your actual day to day business life.

Reply by ls on 7/24/05 7:33pm
Msg #54342

You are an idiot, by you writing this message tells me what kind of person you are, a person who has a stick up their ass and doesnt know how to answer a question but simply rant and rave over a capitalization in the begining of a sentence. I am confident, YOU DONT KNOW ME so dont judge someone by a simple posting that was done to simply answer a question. And to end this message BRENDA, i would never hire you, your attitude and non respect is clearly stated when you write messages.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/24/05 7:35pm
Msg #54346

Thanks for your input. n/m

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/24/05 7:40pm
Msg #54348

***I am confident, YOU DONT KNOW ME so dont judge someone by a simple posting that was done to simply answer a question.***

May I suggest you (ls) write your question on a piece of cardboard and go stand on a freeway ramp with it. Maybe you'll run into someone who KNOW YOU and help you better.

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/24/05 7:43pm
Msg #54350

Re: hello can someone help me -- ND

[***I am confident, YOU DONT KNOW ME so dont judge someone by a simple posting that was done to simply answer a question.***

May I suggest you (ls) write your question on a piece of cardboard and go stand on a freeway ramp with it. Maybe you'll run into someone who KNOW YOU and help you better.]

That's an interesting concept!

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/24/05 7:46pm
Msg #54352

Thanks Brenda!

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/24/05 8:24pm
Msg #54374

You're asking whether you should backdate docs and you're calling BRENDA the idiot? It obviously takes one to know one.

Reply by Teasa/NY on 7/25/05 3:23am
Msg #54433

Is's posts are a joke right? Isn't the statement "YOU DON'T KNOW ME" a direct quote of Jerry Springer guests.

Reply by JanetK/CA on 7/25/05 12:34pm
Msg #54492

I hate to say it, but you just shot yourself in the foot, IS, and I predict you won't make it in this business. Brenda is one of the most helpful posters on this board and is well respected here. I doubt many will feel inclined to offer you additional help after your uncalled for rant.

Sometimes the best advice is hard to take and might even be painful to hear. But this is a very competitive business that involves dealing with people - the borrowers and potential clients alike, many of whom read this board.

BTW, to answer your question (more for the benefit of others who might be reading this...) if you are in California, you could also advise the LO that he just commited a misdemeanor by even asking you to backdate and would he care to send the request to you in writing? That will put an end to that conversation in a hurry! And, no, you probably wouldn't get any more work from him, but I don't know why you would want to!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.