Notary Rotary
help
Notary Discussion History

help
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by newbie2IN on 7/15/05 3:17pm
Msg #52509

help

Don't beat me up. Just help me. Did a signing yesterday. In the docs was a page to be notarized in the state of California. Since I am in Indiana I did not notarize it. Got a call today from escrow co. asking why I didn't cross out the state of California and notarize it. Am I allowed to do that? I sent a general acknowledgment today and dated it yesterday. For future reference, how was I supposed to handle this.

Thanks for any help.

Reply by Jon on 7/15/05 3:21pm
Msg #52510

You should review your state laws for a definitive answer. Your question indicates that reviewing your state laws should be the #1 priority for you right now. Never trust the information you get on a public board without verifying it.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/16/05 12:00am
Msg #52628

Any time you are doing a notarization and the certificate has the wrong info on it as to the venue. you put a line through the incorrect venue, and initial it, and change the Venue to where you are doing the notarization.

Reply by Melody on 7/16/05 1:33am
Msg #52643

Please spend time to review all the posts on this board.

If all New NSAs would spend the couple of hours necessary to review ALL the posts on this board, they would not run into the kind of problem you faced today.

Please go back and read all the posts.

Boring, but the best training you will ever get. And it is free!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.