Notary Rotary
help!!
Notary Discussion History

help!!
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by tnotary on 7/22/05 6:54pm
Msg #53980

help!!

I just recieved loan papers. part of the loan packet includiclosures, borrowers certification, etc.. There is a note attached that says the following douments are initail disclosures. Htey need to be dated 7-6-05. Can i do that or is that considered backdating?

Reply by Anonymous on 7/22/05 7:41pm
Msg #53987

Ummmmm, July 6 and this is July 22
what would I do?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/22/05 8:01pm
Msg #53993

If they don't need notarizing, just tell the borrower the lender wants them dating for July 6th, and then it is up to the borrowers. Of course if any of them need notarizing you can only notarize for the actual signing date, the date you are there.

Backdating is when you are asked to backdate a notary certificate.

Reply by JanetK/CA on 7/22/05 8:06pm
Msg #53995

Typically, the initial disclosures do not have documents that need notarizing. (And often they are duplicated in the package to be signed with the current date.) If that's the case, I leave it up to the borrower to decide. Most of the time, these are documents that are requested to be sent in advance, signed and returned, but the borrower never gets around to it -- or they don't actually get sent out in time. (Also happens when a loan gets processed quickly.)

If it's a notarized doc, that's different. It must have the current date or that IS backdating. Also the Note should be dated the same as the DOT, but it is not considered an "initial disclosure". For the initial disclosures, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reply by Reggie on 7/23/05 5:07am
Msg #54080

I would say that this is not the 6th and that makes it backdating no matter what the document you are there today not the 6th so do not do it.

Reginald
Kansas

Reply by PA Notary II on 7/23/05 7:22am
Msg #54082

I have TC's that regularly include an entire set of "RESPA's" that are dated the date that the bwrs actually applied for their loan. That includes, application, GFE, preliminary TIL and various forms related to the original app. VOE, VOM etc. I have no problem having them signed as the TC dates them in advance and none of them require notarization.

Reply by tnotary on 7/23/05 10:44am
Msg #54104

Thank you soo much for all of your input. none of the papers they needed to say the 6th needed notarization. It workd out fine Thanks a bunch!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.