Notary Rotary
new notary
Notary Discussion History

new notary
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by anonymous_CA on 7/1/05 1:05am
Msg #49257

new notary

I just became a notary and I haven't gone out on any jobs yet. I'm very nervous about starting. Does anyone have any advise?

Reply by christisocal on 7/1/05 1:53am
Msg #49258

look up message no. 33325 to begin with. Theres another message (4something) sorry forgot the no. Start reading all the posts (from the beginning) Use the search before you ask a question ( they've all been asked before, ALOT) Pick a name, no one likes anonymous, but you did good adding your state! Work hard, market yourself, don't expect to make the money "they" said you would, be prepared to meet all sorts of people (most nice, some wierd, some scary!) AND welcome. Smiley

Reply by ladyinred29 on 7/1/05 7:46am
Msg #49267

Hi there! See if there is another signing agent in your area that you can shadow with for a signing or two. This will do a lot to ease your fears. Sign up with companies . . . 150-200 of them. And then, get your feet wet!! There's no other way to do it. It's really not that hard, and I have to admit, it's a lot of fun. There's nothing I'd rather be doing. Good luck to you!

Reply by TAgey_VA on 7/1/05 9:26am
Msg #49294

Beside the other wonderful advise given her, I would recommend that you become very familiar with the "do's and don'ts" of doing this job. They are pretty simple, yet you learn something new every day. Always remember that you are a Notary Public first and a Signing Agent second. Meaning, Your Notary Laws for your state ALWAYS supercede those that the signing companies request of you.

Best wishes and welcome aboard.

Reply by MimiCA on 7/1/05 9:28am
Msg #49295

Very good advise TAgey, VA

Reply by TAgey_VA on 7/1/05 9:31am
Msg #49298

Thank you. I do my best to adhere to this advise myself. It keeps me out of hot water. lol

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.