Notary Rotary
ok...that's it for month's end!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 7/26/05 10:23pm
Msg #54945

finished up with a couple that was 'pre mourning' the presumed death of their cat. Got there and they were very sad. The husband hurried home to be on time for our sign. He frantically pulled up the driveway and ran over their cat! I was a witness to a very sad occasion folks. I won't describe the gorey details, but it will always be ingrained in my mind. You know? We see so much ! I don't know what's worse...the borrower not knowing this case is a predatory L.O. or watching a personal family tragedy unfold before my very eyes....anyway GODDBYE July!

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/26/05 10:43pm
Msg #54952

Lord have mercy, Charm....Has there been a full moon?

I'm waiting for the narrator to say:

"And, then it got REALLY weird."

Reply by Becca/FL on 7/26/05 11:09pm
Msg #54959

"And, then it got REALLY weird." - Brenda

How's this for weird:

Signing scheduled for 7pm. No docs, no call, I left vm for EO and gave up @ 7:15. LO @ countrywide calls 7:25 begs me to go, dosn't know when docs will be in. I quote a hefty sum hoping for a NO. I get CO w/ my hefty fee and wait for docs. The borrower is very nice and says he'll be up till 11pm. I show up @ 9:30. I sit down and the first thing out of the guys mouth is " I have a cousin in TN with your same name." Hmm, I say, Tennessee? Where? He says "Johnson City area." I say, "Oh my God (as the hair on my arms stand straight up), is it Becky Barr in blah,blah town" He says, "yes, that's her married name." I say, "she is my ex-husbands favorite Aunt!"

Turns out I jumped through hoops for my ex-husbands 2nd cousin and didn't know it until I got there. We had a nice chat abou t the family and then I was off for one more before midnight.

WEIRD!

Reply by BrendaTX on 7/26/05 11:59pm
Msg #54969

Yep, that's pretty weird, Becca...

This job keeps us way tooooo "connected," doesn't it.

I'm still feeling for Charm. That was rough.

Reply by MarleneM/USNA on 7/27/05 11:22am
Msg #55056

Re: "And, then it got REALLY weird." - Brenda

What does "CO" mean in your statement, "I get CO w/ my heft fee. . ." ?

new one on me

Reply by Becca/FL on 7/27/05 8:17pm
Msg #55213

Re: "And, then it got REALLY weird." - Brenda

CO = Confirmation Order

Reply by MarleneM/USNA on 7/28/05 1:51pm
Msg #55369

Re: Thanks, Becca! NM

Reply by Becca/FL on 7/26/05 10:53pm
Msg #54957

I sure wish I could say bye-bye to July! Hard to believe it's just Tuesday, I feel like I've worked a week in the last two days! Between EOM screw-ups & builder purchases, I'll be working pretty steady through Saturday. I sure am glad I took some me time this morning. I might take me time again tomorrow morning. After tonight, I need a message!

I'm sorry you had to witness such a horrible tragedy. I think I would have lost it on that one and started crying with the borrowers.

On the bright side, at least we're working!

Reply by DellaCa on 7/27/05 12:17am
Msg #54975

Its been my best month yet, So sorry Charm to be a witness to what happened, how awful!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/27/05 7:58am
Msg #55000

I agree, that month end is only starting. Those with a 3-day RTC is over, but now the push is on for all the non-RTC loans. Booked solid for Thursday and Friday for builder purchases. Even getting some "last minute" commercial loans for Friday night.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.