Notary Rotary
proper way of attachments?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Jenny/CA on 7/22/05 5:13pm
Msg #53950

I called the NNA and inquired about attaching certificates. I was told that stapling was fine even for loan docs, also suggested paper clips. Embossing has alo been mentioned before, thing is, I'm afraid I'll ruin the docs by pressing too hard . When practicing with other papers I end up cutting through. ( I shred them afterwards)

From reading the threads I now know that I can write the title of the doc on my certificate. I am learning here. MY question is this is it safer to staple them? I thought that if it was just a regular notarization that would be fine , but not if they are loan docs.

I'd appreciate your input.

Reply by Nd_WA on 7/22/05 5:20pm
Msg #53954

I carry a mini stapler and anything that needs to be attached to the package will get stapled to the right document.

Reply by Jenny/CA on 7/22/05 5:30pm
Msg #53958

I carry a mini stapler also. I am just wondering if the loan docs also get stapled. I was told that the companies find it annoying. I know that if it was a regular notarization then there would be no question about the stapling.

Reply by Lee/AR on 7/22/05 8:20pm
Msg #53998

If you refer to the document on the loose ack/jurat, there is no way it can be used with some other doc. And, yes, I suppose they do find it annoying as they have to remove the staples to make copies.

Reply by CA_Jeanet on 7/23/05 1:05am
Msg #54059

I received instructions this week NOT to staple loose certificates, as I usually do. I am going to paper clip only from now on unless they state differently. I hate the clips, can't stack the papers as easily.

Reply by TinaG_CA on 7/23/05 9:54am
Msg #54098

I've always paperclipped. Title companies do not like staples. As long as you note on the loose cert what doc it's for there should never be a problem.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.