Notary Rotary
recission
Notary Discussion History

recission
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by George Mendonca on 7/5/05 10:50pm
Msg #49959

recission

another ?. If they signed today, would the recission date and time be july 8th at midnight, or 12:01am?

Also, which form should be signed first? HUD-1 settlement statement, itemization of amount financed, good faith estimate, or borrowers cert of authorization?

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/5/05 11:13pm
Msg #49962

sounds like we are taking a test here. Did you cheat at school also. Take the test with your own knowledge if you don't pass you are not ready to be an SA. those two questions are easy if you have studied a little bit . COME ON PEOPLE

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/5/05 11:15pm
Msg #49963

Yup; somebody's cheating on a test. n/m

Reply by George Mendonca on 7/5/05 11:16pm
Msg #49965

Re: Yup; somebody's cheating on a test. n/m

Yah! And? Man you guys are stiffs

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/5/05 11:19pm
Msg #49967

we are stiffs because we won't help you take a 10 question test . COME ON GUY

Reply by George Mendonca on 7/5/05 11:21pm
Msg #49968

Yup, i was just usin my resources like everyone else. But anyhow, I found the answers.

Thanks for nothing!

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/5/05 11:23pm
Msg #49970

who you going to call when your at the signing table Mr. Thanks for nothing

Reply by George Mendonca on 7/5/05 11:25pm
Msg #49973

The NNA's 800 #.

Thanks

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/5/05 11:30pm
Msg #49975

Well its people like you, who will keep people like me in Business. 1-800 keep my in Business

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 7/5/05 11:30pm
Msg #49976

Well its people like you, who will keep people like me in Business. 1-800 keep me in Business

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/6/05 8:04am
Msg #49996

Re: NNA's 800 #

If that's the case, you stand more than a 50% chance of getting an incorrect answer.

Reply by CaliNotary on 7/6/05 1:29pm
Msg #50055

Well you used your resources incorrectly. You've pretty much ensured that nobody in here will make an effort to help you with any future questions you might have AND you've given your real name so any signing services reading this board will know that you 1. don't have a clue how to do this job, 2. have pretty much no integrity, and 3. have a shitty attitude.

Congrats. I hope you use your other resources a little more resourcefully.

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/5/05 11:22pm
Msg #49969

Where's the integrity here?!?! Lack of self respect......how on earth can you expect to enter a profession and not know the very basics enough to answer a simple little test question? And like at a signing you wouldn't screw it up enough for the loan not to fund?? AT the VERY LEAST have enough respect for the borrowers that a SS would subject you too and take the time to learn the basics. Sheesh....no silver platters here.

Reply by George Mendonca on 7/5/05 11:24pm
Msg #49971

Man you guys need to take a Xanax! Lighten up, life is too short to stress about it, really!

Reply by AnneSoCa on 7/5/05 11:45pm
Msg #49978

George, just so you know, the NNA 800# is only good until 5pm Pacific time. I found that out on one of my first signings. You won't get any help from that number at an after-hours signing (which most of them seem to be).

It's always good to just make sure you know your stuff before going in to a signing. The NNA makes it seem like all you need to do is call them and they'll be there to help you out, but like I said, only if the signing takes place before 5pm.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/6/05 12:16am
Msg #49985

Also, what are you going to do--call the NNA and ask them how to sign the documents with the borrowers sitting right there? That really won't score any points with the borrowers or lender/TC! Remember, you won't always get to read through the documents in advance. Sometimes the docs are already at the borrowers house when you get there, sometimes if they are e-docs you only have enough time to print them off, then you're out the door. You REALLY need to know the docs thoroughly before you even think of entering a borrowers house. I'm not trying to be "mightier than thou", just realistic.

Reply by Nancy in Florida on 7/6/05 12:26am
Msg #49986

You can cheat on the test and pass it and even get a few assignments but your lack of knowledge will come shinning through. Most of us do take our work very seriously, we are dealing with documents that are legal and binding and you need to know at least the basics, hence the reason for the tests.

BTW if you really think you can do this job by cheating your way through it you should concentrate on spelling at least your questions correctly: RESCISSION

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/6/05 2:26am
Msg #49989

He was Cheating on Bancserv Test

I just got the packet emailed to me tonight from Bancserv...ironically around the same time our friend George was asking these "questions" and go figure....his postings are almost verbatum to the test questions. Pretty sad.....Bancserve....be careful who you choose!

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 7/6/05 5:50am
Msg #49990

Re: He was Cheating on Bancserv Test

I got the same packet and emailed them back that I declined to signup. They said they got my name from the NNA's SigningAgent.com. I read their fees and said "No Thanks". They are a $50 company and I did my research and most people say they will pay more but you have to fight for it. They will tell you they will pay $75 but when you get paid it is only $50. Regarding the test, if you have to ask for the answers to this test, you do not have any experience. I have experience and I prefer to work for title companies who pay much more for my experience.

Reply by HisHughness on 7/6/05 6:47am
Msg #49991

Margaaret/Florida informs:

***most people say they will pay more but you have to fight for it. They will tell you they will pay $75 but when you get paid it is only $50.***

I don't do this very often, but I feel compelled to defend Bancserv. There was a time when Bancserve was my biggest client. Then I went to $75 as my minimum fee for a signing service; since then, I have heard from them rarely. However, I never have to fight for my fees, and I have NEVER had them short-change me after we have agreed upon a fee. In fact, they are one of the most pleasant and professional signing services around. I liked working with them, and genuinely miss the schedulers. I would recommend them to any competent beginning signing agent. They are much like the Wal-Mart of signing services: Cheap, but good quality.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/6/05 7:18am
Msg #49993

>>> Cheap, but good quality. <<<

I have a sign in my office (http://www.pawnotary.com/images/Good%20Fast%20Cheap.jpg) that expands on this statement very well. And considering the amount of time afforded to do the work, the last line on it, says a lot.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 7/6/05 8:23am
Msg #49998

Enjoyed your sign Paul

And if you don't mind, reprinted a copy for my desk:-)

Reply by CarolynCO on 7/6/05 8:07am
Msg #49997

Life may be too short to stress about it, but you are in no way, shape or form ready or prepared to take on loan signings.

Reply by Dorothy/MI on 7/6/05 1:25pm
Msg #50054

We are trying to teach you to fish

We are not "uptight" or stressed, we are trying to prepare you for the work you have chosen to do. Could we feed you the answers to your test questions? Yes, most of us with a blindfold on! However, how would this help you. This is a serious profession you have chosen to enter. Please treat it like a profession!! It is NOT A JOB! IT IS NOT "EXTRA MONEY"! IT IS A PROFESSION!! PLEASE treat it like a profession. If you are looking for easy money, I'd suggest you seek another line. This profession is NOT rocket science, but it has far reaching consequences. Suggest you read message 49877 entitled "Death Penalty". Not all of the message is germane to this subject, but the consequenses of untrained and unwilling to learn signing agents are. However, I will give you merits for using your real name rather than posting behind anonomous (sp?) listing. This does show some integrity.

Reply by Gerry_VT on 7/6/05 9:49am
Msg #50005

Re: recission, National Institute of Standards and Tech.

I won't give a direct answer, but the National Institute of Standards and Technology provides a FAQ for time issues at http://tf.nist.gov/general/misc.htm

Quoting from their FAQ:

Are noon and midnight 12 a.m. or 12 p.m.?

This is a tricky question. The answer is that the terms 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. are wrong and should not be used.

To illustrate this, consider that "a.m" and "p.m." are abbreviations for "ante meridiem" and "post meridiem." They mean "before noon" and "after noon," respectively. Noon is neither before or after noon; it is simply noon. Therefore, neither the "a.m." nor "p.m." designation is correct. On the other hand, midnight is both 12 hours before noon and 12 hours after noon. Therefore, either 12 a.m. or 12 p.m. could work as a designation for midnight, but both would be ambiguous as to the date intended.

When a specific date is important, and when we can use a 24-hour clock, we prefer to designate that moment not as 1200 midnight, but rather as 0000 if we are referring to the beginning of a given day (or date), or 2400 if we are designating the end of a given day (or date).

To be certain of avoiding ambiguity (while still using a 12-hour clock), specify an event as beginning at 1201 a.m. or ending at 1159 p.m., for example; this method is used by the railroads and airlines for schedules, and is often found on legal papers such as contracts and insurance policies.

If one is referring not to a specific date, but rather to several days, or days in general, use the terms noon and midnight instead of 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. For example, a bank might be open on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon. Or a grocery store might be open daily until midnight. The terms "12 noon" and "12 midnight" are also correct, though redundant.

----------------- End Quote ------------------------

Reply by anonymous on 7/6/05 11:16am
Msg #50021

Let' s not get so "anal" over this am & pm stuff !

Reply by Gerry_VT on 7/6/05 12:01pm
Msg #50037

I respectfully disagree. If we were to quibble over something like leap seconds, or whether or not AM should be capitalized, that would be anal. Ambiguity that results in an error of 24 hours is important. Furthermore, many detailed discussions about how to write things (for example, where the "ss" goes on the venue) are a case of "I didn't write it quite right but everybody knows what I meant." The midnight/12:00 AM/12:00 PM problem, on the other hand, is likely to cause genuine confusion that leads to someone doing something on the wrong day.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 7/6/05 12:05pm
Msg #50038

Velly intellesting <g>

Seriously, that was very interesting. Thanks Gerry.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/7/05 12:15pm
Msg #50285

Midnight and Noon ...

... have been a pet peeve for years, and I feel vindicated by other people also feeling that neither AM nor PM applied. Thank you!

Now if we could do something about "very unique" and "most unique", ....

Reply by LynnNC on 7/24/05 11:32am
Msg #54245

Order of Presentation of Documents

This is what I do:
· ID document
· HUD (they can read over this while I get their ID info written down)
· RTC
· Note and allonges
· TIL
· First payment letter
· Then the rest of the docs in whatever order are in, except the Customer Information Form. This is the page that the borrowers need to write down their life history (at least 10 years worth) showing marriages, divorces, addresses, employment, etc. I keep it until the very end, so they can be filling it out while I review the docs.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.