Notary Rotary
second trip fee - verification
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by CaSigner on 7/21/05 6:19pm
Msg #53732

I just want to make sure of this. I did a signing for a TC on Tuesday night . The borrowers signed then cancelled the next day with the TC. The TC called me now to say that all the docs have been redrawn and they want to resign tomorrow night (overnighted docs). I asked for the same fee I was given the first night. I confirmed that all the docs were to be resigned and not just a few and she said yes. In my opinion, I should get the same amount as the first trip if it's basically the same package, right? She questioned me on why I was asking the same and I said if the package is exactly the same than the fee is the same. Am I correct?

Reply by Merry_CA on 7/21/05 6:35pm
Msg #53736

YES! Smiley

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/21/05 7:47pm
Msg #53754

Yes, dont let them pull a fast one on you and try to get a signing for next to nothing. You completed the first signing per their requirments....borrowers canceled ~ completely our of your control. Charge it like its any other signing you would perform.

Reply by ditto on 7/21/05 8:13pm
Msg #53758

Re: second trip fee - verification

Reply by MJ Fl on 7/21/05 8:15pm
Msg #53759

I get a full fee also.

Reply by LS_Ca on 7/21/05 10:06pm
Msg #53775

so let me get this straight. i am a newbie. the borrowers signed the docs, then the docs expired, so when i was called to go out again i should have charged the same fee as the first visit? yes same docs the 2nd time around

Reply by Kim_Cali on 7/21/05 10:39pm
Msg #53787

Absolutely.....they fact that the borrowers canceled or whatever happened, as long as it was not due to your error, then you charge just like you are going to perform a full signing ~ which is exactly what you are doing. Do not let them suggest that you should perform the signing for any less....you have to think of your time, gas, printing expenses, etc.

Reply by anon on 7/21/05 10:49pm
Msg #53790

If you weren't available, they would have had to get another notary to go out there and pay full fee. Yeah, don't let them pull a fast one.

Reply by Ernest_CT on 7/21/05 11:33pm
Msg #53801

Absolutely! Same work == same price. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.