Notary Rotary
ss's that press for a closing when they know the ID's aren't
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by Joan_NJ on 7/11/05 2:53pm
Msg #51013

Had a supposedly reputable ss co. put alot of pressure on me to accept a non-photo id based on two expired photo ids in maiden and married names. Not to mention that the wife all of a sudden whats everything put back into her maiden, and claims she doesn't have enough points to get a new pic id. That I'm familiar with, NJ doesn't even issue a non-photo once a photo has been issued. Needless to say, I backed out but I was curious if anyone else has had similar problems. Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

Reply by Bonnie/FL on 7/11/05 6:04pm
Msg #51050

Do you know the loan officer name/number? The borrower had to prove her identity to begin with so what did the lender accept? Expired I would personally never accept, but there should be a list of what you can accept per NJ laws. Check with the State. Do you belong to NNA, they have a question/answer person you can call to see what NJ will accept as alternative ID.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 7/11/05 8:18pm
Msg #51077

I haven't had that problem, but it sounds like you did the right thing as you simply couldn't ID the folks as your commission requires. pretty simple.

Reply by Melody on 7/11/05 9:37pm
Msg #51103

SSs, TCs, and LOs will pressure you. Stick to regulations.

They don't care that you are risking your commission, your career, and every asset you own including your dog.

Know your state's notary regulations cold.

Be very clear on what alternatives are available to you if there is no acceptable CURRENT photo ID available. Know your state's Credible Witness regulations.

Reply by Anonymous on 7/11/05 11:33pm
Msg #51121

Re: SSs, TCs, and LOs will pressure you. Stick to regulations.

My state is very clear about credible witness, if there is no chain, there is no go. I thank you all for your response, it's very intimidating, this was actually my first job, but I got over it and went on, I've had a few good ss's jobs since and feel like I'm not screwing up. I just wonder about being "blacklisted" Your thoughts are appreciated. Thank you.

Reply by Joan_NJ on 7/11/05 11:42pm
Msg #51125

Re: SSs, TCs, and LOs will pressure you. Stick to regulations.

I don't why that listing posted anon., I clearly sent it from me. Again THX so much!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.