Notary Rotary
travel documents...help
Notary Discussion History

travel documents...help
Go Back to July, 2005 Index

Posted by tx notary on 7/22/05 6:37pm
Msg #53976

travel documents...help

just got a call from a gentlemen wanting to have letter drawn up so his daughters can go to Mexico with his brother. Dumb question I know, but better safe that sorry.......does anyone have a sample letter, I can use to make sure nothing was left out. I have one drawn up but I have not done this before and would like to help this man. thanks in advance for any help.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 7/22/05 6:46pm
Msg #53977

As much as you would like to help out the gentleman, you must not offer any documents to him, as that may be considered UPL. You can only notarize his signature on a form that is completely filled out by him without your help. This needs to be expressed to the gentlemen as well, that he needs to contact someone in authority (that wants the letter) or an attorney to direct him as to what he needs and assist him in completing the document if necessary.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 7/22/05 9:47pm
Msg #54017

You might try the airline he or she is traveling. They generally know what is needed to go and get back into the country.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.