Notary Rotary
Additional signature after the fact?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Shelly_FL on 6/20/05 1:44pm
Msg #46177

CitiBank sent back the Mortgage, Heloc Credit Agreement and Disclosure and the RTC for the borrower's husband to sign. As you know, the mortgage is the only one that needs notarized, so I'm just checking to make sure I'm approaching this correctly. Is it acceptable to have the husband sign and date (today's of course) the origingal document and then attach a loose certificate (acknowledgement) that refers to it and notarizes just his signature?

In case your wondering. . . Yes, I told them he needed to sign it the first time out and yes, I informed Citibank at the table, but no one instructed me to hault the signing.

Thanks in advance!

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/20/05 1:56pm
Msg #46181

Yes, if you are signing an additional "owner/borrower" on the mortgage, then you need to attach a second ack certificate showing the notarization of the additional signer, with the current date.

Also, check the dates on the husband's RTC as it should reflect the date he is signing and providing a three day rescission period from that date.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 6/20/05 2:17pm
Msg #46188

Thank you for responding so quickly. The RTC is the original that the wife had signed, so the husband should be adding his signing date to hers (initialing and date) and then adding the recission date, the same way, and then his signature at the bottom. Correct?

I had a very unpleasant time over the phone with Citibank about this situation, so I want to make sure everything is as it should be on my end.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/20/05 3:05pm
Msg #46202

Now that PAW has told you how, you'd still better CYA by calling Citibank or Title...whoever is yowling at you. Tell them what you're going to do. Be prepared.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 6/20/05 3:22pm
Msg #46218

Yah, that's my problem. When I called them at the table the first time out, the person I spoke with did not instruct me correctly! And of course, it's all my fault I didn't adjourn the signing! But NOW I know.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/20/05 5:51pm
Msg #46283

With these guys... take names, rank & serial number, phone # & ext. # and get a note from their Momma....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.