Notary Rotary
Another printer to consider
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Nd_WA on 6/29/05 6:45pm
Msg #48882

Check out the Dell 1700 printer, dual tray for $250 or less, easy set up and user friendly. I own one and a HP4100. The Dell can split out two set of docs while the HP is still going on one. The reason is, the Dell has a 200Mhz processor compared 133Mhz found in others.

I will put my Dell next to any Brother/HP in its range for a duel-die print race.

Any taker?

Reply by Does the Dell... on 6/29/05 7:45pm
Msg #48889

support PCL 5 or 6 like the HP? Just wondering!

Reply by Kim_NJ on 6/30/05 6:44am
Msg #48957

I use a Dell 1700 on occassion and have had no problems with printing documents so far. Just get ready for the cost of replacing the toner cartridge!!!!

Reply by Julie-MI on 6/29/05 7:53pm
Msg #48892

You know, ND, my husband's business is switching to dell printers as we speak. This is why I have not pushed him for the repair on tray one of my 4050.

The Dell's are extremely speedy, BUT I have no personal experience with printing edocs on one. I was hoping my husband could bring one home for me to try.

Reply by Ted_MI on 6/29/05 7:55pm
Msg #48893

Re: Julie, keep us posted....... n/m

Reply by Nd_WA on 6/29/05 8:51pm
Msg #48905

The Dell printer does come with PCL5 & PCL6. I've printed almost 12K pages (edocs) on that machine without a hickup. With an addition of the HP4100, I also have a HP8100 as backup just in case the Dell decide to stop at it's 15K duty limit.

The good news is Dell toner refill kit now available on ebay. I paid $25 for a new chip and 2 high yield (6K pages) fill bottle.

Reply by FL Notary on 6/29/05 9:32pm
Msg #48910

Sounded too good to be true. So I called Dell. They said that they would sell me the printer for 199 & the extra paper drawer would be $100. So I negotiated with them and got them down to $251 including tax! 25 ppm.

Reply by Christine/IL on 6/29/05 8:30pm
Msg #48901

I also have the Dell 1700 with the dual tray with max memory. I love it and have never had a problem printing edocs from PDF,VMP,dynadox,ect. I would highly reccomend it.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/29/05 9:35pm
Msg #48912

Thanks Nd! I've had it with my HP. I bought it new in February and have had issues with it. Not enough memory, only 2 refills per cartridge and, I find it very anti user friendly. When I called HP tech support today and asked for a user manual (did not come with machine) I was told they do not print them. OH, i get it, you MUST go to their website, download it and print it. And I thought used car salesmen were only interested in "ripping your head off." It's all about their (HP's) backend. I won't EVER buy another HP again. Sorry, to all of you that swear by the HP/PCL crap. Thank God, I had my Samsung for my emergency today.

ANyone want to buy a 3015?????

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/29/05 11:36pm
Msg #48936

Re: Another printer to consider-Becca

Becca - well, I don't swear by the PCL crap, but wonder why yours has given you so much trouble?

I wonder why I have not had big problems....hmmm....But, to be honest, I don't think this little printer is going to hold up under the torture I put it through...I'll be looking to trade up for a better model.

One of my good buddies who does lots of eDocs has an UN-HP offbrand (like Minolta, or something like that) and swears by it. Another friend owns an SS and is a stickler for using only notaries with HP PCL 6.

Becca - I know you carry a printer in your car...do you use an inverter? If so, how "big" - I have a 500 (amps?) and it's not strong enough for a printer like it says it will be...I guess laser is too much heat, etc. Does fine for the laptop. Margaret's got like 3000 (amps?).

Reply by Nd_WA on 6/30/05 4:45am
Msg #48953

Though I'm not a big fan of AIO (all-in-one), but HP is still a legend. Take a look back some decades ago, business (corporate) offices were all about IBM computers and HP printers. Now, they have Dell computers but still HP printers. Why? Because Dell has found the nitch that HP once did by meeting the demand of both consumer and business needs by delivering the latest technologies at minimal cost top with the old fashion customer services. I called it the inter-chain of satisfactions.

June 25th was my one year anniversary as an SA, I will share with everyone my thought on the business and a secret on where to get the best tech deals.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.