Notary Rotary
Baggage
Notary Discussion History

Baggage
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by hcampersFL on 6/30/05 10:40am
Msg #49006

Baggage

Has anyone purchased any of the briefcases, Auto business center, Notary carryall, etc. from NNA?
I really need something better than what I'm using and haven't been able to find anything that will fit the legal size paperwork that I need it for.

Reply by missy_socal on 6/30/05 10:45am
Msg #49009

In my opinion, the NNA briefcases are very overpriced. When I was first starting, I purchased their smaller case, and it didn't really fit anything that I needed. There wasn't even a place to tuck pens, and it didn't fit any file folders.
I considered that a $40 wasted, and tossed it.

On a whim, I grabbed an Office Max $20 cheapie (intending to replace it soon with a juicy Kenneth Cole), but it's worked so well that I've never upgraded to anything stylish. It has a huge legal size section that fits plenty of legal size folders, and tons of extra sections for pens, staplers, rec. calendars, stamp, etc. etc.

Reply by LISA-CA on 6/30/05 11:05am
Msg #49016

I bought a smaller sized laptop computer briefcase. It works great. It has all sorts of little pockets and things. The area where people would put their laptop is long enough for legal papers.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 6/30/05 11:28am
Msg #49026

I also use a small laptop computer briefcase and I have no complaints. I can carry all I need and still have plenty of space for legal size papers. Ah, and the price was minimal compare to the ones I see advertise online. I believe I bought it at OfficeMax.

Reply by hcampersFL on 6/30/05 11:29am
Msg #49027

Thanks for all the replies. The bags on NNA just didn't seem to do the trick. I'm glad I didn't order one. Missysocal could you tell me the name on the bag you have from Office max? I looked at the store and they didn't have anything that would accomadate the legal size doc's that I'm looking for. Maybe I can find it online with more info.
b.

Reply by missy_socal on 6/30/05 11:32am
Msg #49029

I don't believe that it had a name. The only logo it has is 'US Luggage'. Honestly, it was probably one of the cheapest available on the shelf. It's made of indestructable looking black nylon.
Not exactly high fashion, but it really does the job...and you certainly can't beat the price!

Reply by hcampersFL on 6/30/05 11:36am
Msg #49033

Thanks Missy!
b.

Reply by Anon on 6/30/05 11:20am
Msg #49024

Don't Purchase Notary Carry All if you use the mojo....

I was very dissappointed with the Notary Carry All.

I was expecting a normal sized bag/briefcase. Sadly, it was as if I was carrying a little purse. I HATE IT!

I paid like 40 something dollars for it, and it sucks. If you like small make-up like bags, then feel free to purchase it. Hell, if you'll pay for the shipping costs I'll send you the one I purchased!! :-)

Reply by Anne_SoCA on 6/30/05 11:33am
Msg #49030

Re: Don't Purchase Notary Carry All if you use the mojo....

I actually bought the NNA messenger-type bag. I love it. It's comfortable, big enough to carry legal size docs and has several compartments for other things. I don't use the MoJo so, my regular notary journal fits in there fine. I don't know how big the MoJo is, so I don't know if it would fit or not.

Reply by LISA-CA on 6/30/05 11:48am
Msg #49037

What is MOJO?

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 6/30/05 2:23pm
Msg #49089

http://www.notaryrotary.com/thenotaryshop/mojo.htm

Reply by MsRobboPA on 6/30/05 2:56pm
Msg #49097

When I first started signings I used an old bag that I had at home. After business picked-up and I started to see a profit I bought myself a nice leather briefcase. It is over two years old now and just breaking in.

Reply by Tulsa_prlgl on 6/30/05 4:26pm
Msg #49116

My dear hubby bought me a leather briefcase when I graduated college. I have had it for years and I love it! It is from Wilson Leather and I guess it is actually a men's laptopp briefcase, but it has pen holders, business card holders and I can fit at least 3 complete Ameriquest (lol) packages (with borrower's copies) in it and still have room! Definitely consider everything one must have handy when picking out a bag. I think of it as a borrower's "diaper bag" and just try to keep it as well stocked as I can.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/30/05 5:13pm
Msg #49137

Yes and I will not again. Zipper on briefcase broke (teeth came out). No warranty or returns!

Reply by thnotary_NY on 7/1/05 7:52am
Msg #49272

I carry one of those nylon bags also. Casual Gear from Olimpia, got it on sale. Plenty of pockets for stuff, zippered compartments that can take small locks and outside pockets for the quick things. Soft handle and removeable strap.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.