Notary Rotary
Central Valley California
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by George Mendonca on 6/23/05 2:42am
Msg #47046

Hi, I am in the central valley area, Visalia to be exact, and am wondering if any one out there has sugestions on which signing companies I should sign up with. There seems to be many signing companies, but I think it would take me months to sign up with all of them. Any suggestions as to which signing companies do the most business in my neck of the woods? Thanks in advance!

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 6/23/05 8:06am
Msg #47063

George there are no shortcuts to building a successful

signing business. Best advice is to make a list or database of companies off of message boards of SS's that pay a fair fee and pay it one time. And then start signing up and do not stop until you top 200 companies. One you reach that point, you should be getting regular calls depending on the saturation in your area. Then set up a continueing marketing program that continue to increase your market share or to replace customers that may drop out of your market at any time. Sudy your states Notary Handbook, have a good laser printer, and enough funds to tide you over for 10-12 months. Good luck, from Norther Central Valleyite:-)

Reply by anonymous on 6/23/05 9:08am
Msg #47087

Re: George there are no shortcuts to building a successful

Dogmonger, tell me what printer you have? Please, I'm aware there have been many posts regarding printers, I'm also aware of the search button.

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 6/23/05 9:26am
Msg #47089

I actually have two printers

A HP 1200 SE LaserJet and a HP 3330 LaserJet. I maxed out the memory on both, and print two packages at one time when doing e-docs:_)

Reply by anonymous on 6/23/05 9:32am
Msg #47091

Re: I actually have two printers-Thanks!

Reply by Dogmonger, Ca on 6/23/05 9:49am
Msg #47100

I like this combo because both use the exact toner cartridge

I don't have to carry different supplies for each printer. I must admitt that I am tempted into purchasing a HP 1300 Laserjet, can be found on E-bay for a song and dance, can take a second tray. My long term goal is to outfit a vehicle for signings and move my 1200 with a inverter and laptop system where I can download docs to a laptop via disc, and print on the go:-)

Reply by janCA on 6/23/05 12:22pm
Msg #47133

George, I'm a signing agent in Visalia and have been doing this for over 3 years. Your work will come from either down south, up north or anywhere but Visalia. As has been suggested, sign up with at least 200 signing agencies, if not more. When I began I was lucky in that I was the one being solicited, I didn't have to sign up with very many agencies. Now much of my work is with title and lender companies and a few SS's. If you need any help with your new endeavor as a signing agent, don't hesitate to email or call me. Good Luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.