Notary Rotary
Closing Instructions
Notary Discussion History

Closing Instructions
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by cms_NY on 6/24/05 12:01am
Msg #47343

Closing Instructions

There are spaces at the bottom of the "Closing Instructions" for INITIALS. Who is/are suppose to initial these?

The Closing Agent's Name is printed on most of these documents....is it his/her initials that are required or the borrower's??

Countrywide Refinance Package.

Reply by ItsMe123 on 6/24/05 12:47am
Msg #47351

Re: Closing Instructions generally for "closing agent'

The closing instructions are for the closing agent--aka. title. They are always signed by the title company and rarely signed by the borrower in addition to title. Look at it this way. Suppose you were going to lend me money and you were hiring someone to get the money to me. Say you had certain things that person must do before they are to give the money to me. That is exactly what the closing instructions are. Rarely will a borrower sign them and in cases that they do (since it is so rare) it is obivous that they borrowers are to sign. I think they do this in some circunstances so a borrower is aware that if the lenders instructions are not followed the lender will not remit the money to title to dispurse to the borrower. AKA--no fund

In your case are there a few pages of instructions? If so, I would bet the farm the closing agent is to initial all pages and sign the last. I feel quite comfortable telling you it is not for the borrower to sign

Hope that helped
Michelle

Reply by Jenni on 6/24/05 1:55am
Msg #47363

That is generally for the borrowers to initial that they have seen the instructions.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.