Fidelity to Acquire Service Link
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 6/22/05 8:13am
Msg #46744

Fidelity National Financial Inc., Jacksonville, Fla., has announced an agreement to acquire Service Link LP, a title insurance agency and provider of title and closing services to national lenders, for an undisclosed amount. The purchase will also include Asset Link, a company owned by Service Link that manages and disposes of real estate owned. "The acquisition of Service Link provides FNF and its title insurance subsidiaries with centralized title and closing capabilities and improved direct access to national lender accounts for both refinance transactions and emerging lender-driven purchase transactions," said FNF president Raymond R. Quirk. "Service Link will operate as a distinct brand under our Chicago Title subsidiary and will establish underwriting agreements with the FNF family of title insurance underwriters." FNF can be found online at http://www.fnf.com.

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 6/22/05 8:30am
Msg #46747

so, do you think htis means they'll start paying you a decent fee and stop asking that you fax back 20 pages before sending out the package? Smiley

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/22/05 10:08am
Msg #46780

***so, do you think htis means they'll start paying you a decent fee and stop asking that you fax back 20 pages before sending out the package? ***

No.

I just got a call from them asking for a signing for Fri. They offered me less than I feel the jobs are really worth on Friday night. I gave them the name of the lady who is 55 miles away and told them she'll definitely drive over here for what you are offering...does it all the time for Beneficial jobs--comes over for $55 even...she might do it for $55...Here's her name and her number...

And...SL just called me back and said she took it within their fee cap of $65 for a 55 ow/ 110 rt drive.

It was good verification to see I was right -- I was NOT imagining the fee she's taking is $55-65 to drive two counties over. And, you know...she just might put my biz into a serious pinch...hurt my business quite a bit, but it's better to *stop* business and move on if need be, rather than go broke on jobs bid too low to profit.

She's been a CA notary...not a newbie...so she's got experience...that's how it goes, folks.

Cannot blame it on the NNA or the new ones this time.

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 6/22/05 10:47am
Msg #46793

That is ridiculous.... How can someone make a living accepting a fee that low for that long of a drive?!?

So she's getting about .50 cents per mile and not making any money on the actual notarizations/printing/etc.

This is a business and unless people start thinking of it as such they will never make any profit. As has been said many times - you are better off getting at job at McDonalds if you're going to work for pennies... at lest you can get a free lunch out of the deal Smiley

Reply by Teasa/NY on 6/22/05 2:04pm
Msg #46859

Amen Sister

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/22/05 2:37pm
Msg #46867

You've got me there, Claudia...she's been at it longer/as long as I have.

Maybe she's got the right idea for her own business...but she's got to be really burning gas up and in a minivan!

I guess I am doing okay right now at my rate and she's happy at hers, but I can see it as a problem in the future and that's something I'll just deal with if it comes. Live and learn. [ I have got a little bit of the problem cured and have a few more ideas as mentioned in the poacher thread...they are in the works anyhow. Smiley ]

I do the MDocs $50's and glad to do it because I get more than just one or two every other month...I'll do theirs most anytime. They are good to me...I do the occasional one document signing for $50, and if I am going to be out, I'll take a $50 if it's convenience and I can work it in on a busy day...but to go two counties over for $55-$65 is hard to get my head around.

I do a lot more for less than some of my Texas Counter parts...but, if this works for Miss Poach, I'll just "deal."

I am not a Miss Priss who will do no fax backs, and I don't try to stick it to a company when I know I'm all they've got to pick from. However, running two counties over for that is just not good business sense unless you are hitting two birds with one stone...and I know for a fact that she is not by looking at courthouse records. Before you all think that's deed record stalking and obsessive behavior...while you may be right...I also know I am obsessed with building a business....and,

Rule Number One of Marketing,is to KNOW your competition well.

Rule Number Two of Marketiing - know your customer/client well.

Rule Number Three of Marketing - Stop procrastinating and just do some dam_ed marketing! ]]

Rule Number Four of Marketing - It does not have to be perfectly planned, or perfectly executed at all times.

Rule Number Five of Marketing - Present a good image---certainly...but don't use the lack of perfection and short time to prepare the best presentation keep you from doing the act of marketing!

Rule Number six of Marketing - Use a situation like this to drill down into your thinking...brainstorm...don't think negatively, be sure and determined.

Rule Number Seven of Marketing - If you cannot convince yourself (when you are alone as we often are), come to NotRot and cram it down the throats of those on the forum...they'll hold you accountable and you cannot back down! (Thanks guys for being there!)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.