Notary Rotary
Florida Notary's
Notary Discussion History

Florida Notary's
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by hcampersFL on 6/28/05 9:06pm
Msg #48650

Florida Notary's

I have over stamped a Occupancy Affidavit that I was notarizing. I stamped over the date. Didn't catch it until I got home. Will I need to go back out and have this doc re-signed? I'm not sure how my stamp could fit in such a small space.
Thanks b.

Reply by Calnotary on 6/28/05 9:17pm
Msg #48652

Why dont you just attach a loose jurat?

Reply by hcampersFL on 6/28/05 9:19pm
Msg #48653

Thank you so much. My head is up my ---! I have been so busy that I can't even think straight.
B.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 6/29/05 6:02am
Msg #48715

If you stamp is mostly readable, don't worry 'bout it. The Occ/Fi Status Affidavit, as with most of the notarized documents, are not recorded and therefore, not as much of an issue if the stamp is slightly misaligned.

I know Cal suggested attaching a loose certificate, but you technically, by FL statute, cannot do that without making a trip to the signers again. Save yourself the trouble and just send in the docs with the stamp the way it is. Should not be a problem. I've seen pretty bad stamp placements on docs, including mortgages and deeds.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.