Notary Rotary
Happy Trails...and thanks to y'all
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Paul at SigningZ.com on 6/14/05 5:49pm
Msg #44638

SigningZ.com will no longer be taking transactions as of today.
And before any of you naysayers say, "nay," let me tell you this: we will be paid in full.

That means every notary who ever worked for us will have been paid within the next two days.

We were very happy to have been the fastest paying company in the country and I am personally very proud to see other companies starting to see why they should, too.

We are selling this company to anyone who wants to make a stab at it. And that means lock, stock and barrel. The database is one of the countries largest, and the software was personally developed for us, and YES we will include some clients as well! I will facilitate that for whoever is interested. So you will be able to make money immediately. I will help you in the the rollout.

For the record: We showed profit within a few months and as a result were in the top 5 percentile in the US of A as far as startups go. There are clients still on board that will readily accept a new owner, although I seriously doubt, without a major investment, that you can pay that fast, so just pay net 30 and make a great living doing it. Net 30 is fine as long as it's the truth.

And now...to answer THE QUESTION: it's because First American determined that they could do it for 59.00 instead of 80.00 - that great account provided us with the cashflow available to pay YOU that fast, without it, we would have to go to net 30.

SigningZ.com is not net 30. Signingz.com's policy is a 48 hour turnaround...

So....We have decided to close shop instead of go back on our word. Nice huh?

TRUE.

Adios

PS: Everyone wish J. Mel Jarnagin an ALOHA, as he will travelling to Hawaii for his hard work! I will be in Mexico, surfing, and will start writing a book about my parents.

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/14/05 6:04pm
Msg #44640

Still wondering why I was paid Net 20+- for a signing in Dec '04. No biggy.

So, I guess that big Enjoya thing isn't going to work out now?

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/14/05 6:24pm
Msg #44644

I too did a signing for them and was not paid in 48 hours, it was more like over 2 weeks

Reply by Paul for the last time... on 6/14/05 6:28pm
Msg #44647

You didn't send your tracking number within 48 hours. You all know that's the trigger.

Apology Accepted - you guys are great!

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/14/05 6:39pm
Msg #44650

Hmmm - the trigger, huh? Well, lets see, I fired once via phone Friday, once via email AND once via fax on Saturday, only to be called and asked Monday, what's the tracking #???? One thing I must say is, it sure did sound like your employees were having fun the Friday night I called the tracking # in. Perhaps they wrote the # down and used the note for a beverage coaster?

Have fun in Mexico, dude. Glad you were able to make enough money off notaries in 7 months to retire early.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/14/05 6:48pm
Msg #44652

Mexico? I think he's going into his true calling as a used car salesman or a politician.

I don't know what the real story is, but I think it's safe to say that it's a big fat lie that they're closing solely because he'd rather close shop than break his word about 48 hour payments. There are many reasons to close down a business. This is not one of them unless you're the stupidest businessperson alive.

I wonder if his smarm will come across in the spanish translation?

Reply by Becca/FL on 6/14/05 8:10pm
Msg #44670

Cali....

Do they still have snake oil salesman in Mexico?

Just a thought.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/14/05 8:55pm
Msg #44684

Cali,
I know that you've always had a problem with Paul -- originating about the same time that I first encounered him. However, more than a month ago, he wrote to me in confidence about FASS, because of one of the heated threads on NotRot going on at the time. At that time he told me FASS was lowering their rates and he was losing them as a client.

There may be other reasons that I'm unaware of with the shutdown, but what he said about FASS is the truth.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/14/05 11:48pm
Msg #44730

The only problem I had with Paul was his attitude on this board. I know that probably sounds hypocritical to a lot of people in here, but I have as much right to be annoyed with people as they are with me! But I never worked for him, and from what I read on this board I got the impression that he was moderately successful in living up to his 48 hour turnaround time.

However, his posts on here always sounded weaselly and argumentative and ego driven, at least to me. He comes across as one of those people who are never ever wrong, no matter what. He even did it in this thread, blaming Becca and Margaret for his not paying them within the time frame that he's constantly bragging about. And then he added the ultra smarmy "apology accepted" at the end of it.

Even his stated reason for closing down the business is just a tribute to his monumental ego. He's closing it down because he just can't bear to keep it open if he can't live up to paying notaries in 48 hours? How noble and self sacrificing of him. And pure bullshit of course.

He was just way too self serving for my tastes.

Reply by Margaret/Florida on 6/14/05 7:06pm
Msg #44661

Tracking number was faxed same day, my signing was on Veterans Day 11/19 and I was also called too after I faxed it.

Reply by Paul on 6/14/05 6:25pm
Msg #44646

The Enjoa thing did work out, actually, very well. We managed to develop some great software and SOLD IT to two parties! Thanks for being so interested.

You obviously were paid in a timely manner. Suffice to say, there is no pleasing some, and we do make mistakes. And since I don't know what you're talking about, I will say, "I'm sorry." But thanks for the smartass remark, is that enough attention?

"The Power of Intention" is airing all week on PBS. Check it out.

We did our best. Was that remark YOUR best? That's a pity....

Apology accepted.

I bet

Reply by Liz on 6/14/05 7:11pm
Msg #44662

Paul, I tried calling your number, but was not able to connect. Could you give me a call?
949-212-9558

Reply by Brijoe00_wa on 6/14/05 8:26pm
Msg #44676

I for probably the only one on here will be sad to see you go. I did SEVERAL signings for signingz and was paid within 48hrs. Thank you Paul, you guys were very pleasent to work with.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/14/05 8:41pm
Msg #44677

Paul,
I know we started off on the wrong foot because of a misunderstanding/miscommunication because of one of my posts. However, after each of us gave up a little of our own stubborness, we got past our problems.

Even though I've only done a few signings for SigningZ, you have continued to check in on me by e-mail on a regular basis. You are the only SS that, at least I know of, that does that. That has meant a lot to me.

You have proven to me and others who have done signings for you that you are a man of your word. Unfortunately, there aren't many people I've met in this world that I can say that about. It is something you should be proud of.

Good luck with your surfing and your book. Feel free to e-mail me.
Carolyn

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/14/05 8:48pm
Msg #44680

**You have proven to me and others **

I should have only included myself "solo" and not "others"

Reply by suzette on 6/14/05 8:53pm
Msg #44681

hello paul,
how can i get in touch with you in regards to your offer?. I have a signing service and i'm always interested in more business.

Reply by suzette on 6/14/05 8:54pm
Msg #44682

hello paul,
how can i get in touch with you in regards to your offer?. I have a signing service and i'm always interested in more business.

Reply by LauriecPA on 6/15/05 8:07am
Msg #44778

I am very sad..Signingz was my all time favorite signing company. I'd tell the schedulers that every time they called me for a closing. It was awesome getting paid in 3 days instead of 60! I'll miss you!

Reply by TCMN_MN on 6/15/05 9:55pm
Msg #44995

PAUL...Could you Explain this?

I did a closing for you May 6th...still no payment, mind telling me when I should expect it??? Heard it was in the mail...still nothing.

Reply by TCMN_MN on 6/15/05 10:07pm
Msg #44997

Re: PAUL...Could you Explain this? - RETRACTING

I'm apologizing...I was paid. the date was inputed wrong so it was not coming up as paid in my tracking system. I am truly sorry. It was paid.

Reply by Ernest Adams on 7/6/05 5:18pm
Msg #50119

Thank you, Paul!

SigningZ.Com paid me within 48 business hours EVERY TIME. Everyone at SigningZ.Com was professional, friendly, and helpful. From the posts here, I wish everyone had had the same treatment as I had. Paul and his crew are sorely missed. If the new owner(s) would like to have me sign for them it will be my pleasure.

Best of luck to Paul and everyone (formerly) at SigningZ.Com!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.