Notary Rotary
Just turned down a first and second
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 6/17/05 4:52pm
Msg #45636

e-doc signing when I was offered a whopping $110.00.

Someone, no doubt, has already grabbed it up. As long as there are people who will print docs for two loans and do it for $110.00, there is no reason for SS's to offer reasonable rates.

Reply by Candy on 6/17/05 5:07pm
Msg #45645

That's good money! I sure wouldn't turn it down. I take all the signings I can get.

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/17/05 5:12pm
Msg #45650

Candy,
$110 for and first and a second with e-docs is NOT good money! It's just like I originally posted -- it's people like you that keep SS rates low!!!

Reply by mes/chicago on 6/17/05 5:17pm
Msg #45653

CarolynCo,
Read the post re E-Trade Settlement Services.The discussion is basically about 1st and 2nd fees. I totally agree with you, as I had a problem this week regarding low fees.

Reply by Irritated with Candy on 6/17/05 5:28pm
Msg #45656

Irritated with Candy

Are you not the person who just below stated you would do this full time but you just don't make enough money?? You are contradicting. One post you complain not enough $ and then next you are willing to slit your wrist, and any other SA, for a low paying jobs.

Make up your mind. Stick to your guns or stop complaining.

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/17/05 5:40pm
Msg #45660

Yeah, showing these companies that you are completely desperate for work and will do it at any price is just the way to get a successful business going.

this is not good money for a double signing with edocs, it's the signing service asking you to bend over while they stick it to you. Don't be a fool.

Reply by Ogdoad on 6/17/05 5:45pm
Msg #45663

Couldn't have said it better myself, or maybe I did..

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/17/05 6:17pm
Msg #45666

Candy might as well pay the SS for the pleasure of accepting the signing. After figuring in the cost of wear and tear on equipment, supplies, your time, taxes, gasoline, automobile maintenance ... well, let's just leave it as $110 is not good money for a double with e-docs.

Reply by AngelinaAZ on 6/17/05 6:44pm
Msg #45670

You get what you pay for!

I charge a fair and reasonable price and I make a profit. Seems like over the past few months companies have tried to lowball. I stuck to my guns on EVERY SINGLE ONE and LOST every single one. BUT, this month, I am getting calls (LOTS OF CALLS) from the same companies... same areas, and they are not batting an eyelash at my fees. In fact, when I have said, 'Yes I'll take it but I would like to CALL in the Tracking number and I can't do faxbacks but I guarantee my work... I have gotten NO COMPLAINTS???? Very Interesting! I guess the 'low fee takers' did a really SUPER job!

IMO the low fee takers will either put themselves out of business by not treating it like a business... or they will do such 'terrific' jobs, the SS's will be very happy to pay the extra FAIR PRICE for a job well done.

Reply by Leslie-Mo on 6/17/05 6:46pm
Msg #45671

I recently did one for $125 and felt it wasn't enough. What do you charge?

Reply by Jeanie-fl on 6/17/05 11:48pm
Msg #45767

Amen!!!!!!!!! n/m

Reply by Candy on 6/17/05 7:25pm
Msg #45683

I did not respond to this post. Actually, the response sounds a lot like a post from yesterday. Someone's response had to be removed as it was vulgar.

Reply by Candy on 6/17/05 7:27pm
Msg #45685

I think the person irritated with me is really a chump. If you will please reread yesterday's thread, you'll see you are misinformed.

Reply by Candy on 6/17/05 7:38pm
Msg #45687

While I'm relatively new to this business I am only trying to gain experience and knowledge. If that means accepting a lower fee than the more experienced then so be it. After all, I don't have a client list or a steady relationship with a SS as yet. I'm trying. However, I am first upset that someone would maliciously post a response in my name and at my expense and second, I'm hurt that the rest of you would treat me as a boob on the board.

Reply by Liz on 6/17/05 7:41pm
Msg #45688

Wow!

I just had to respond! Candy, you are a bit touchy. Understand, once you are seen as a cheap SA you won't be able to get a good fee. You will always be seen as a $50 closer. And yes, $110 for 1,2, & Edocs is too low.

Reply by Anonymous on 6/17/05 7:48pm
Msg #45690

Re: Wow!

Right you are Liz...For newbies like Candy let me quote from an earlier post.

Some people are very confused about this career they have chosen and do not know ANY of the history. Once upon a time, there were no signing services. Now there are a quarter of a million. They served a good purpose at one time. That was when signing services did not refer to notaries as "notary 'hos" (as they do now) because there were not any $50 notaries willing to do almost anything because they were starving to death.

Someone probably told you to get into this business because you could make a ton of fast money and you believed it. Why aren't they helping you now? Where are the organizations or people who told you that you could make six figures in this job?

I know where you can get help in a hurry. Victoria Ring will charge you 25.00 - 50.00 an hour to train you. She manufactured a hundred thousand signing agents or so with her website and then they were so confused once they started getting business that they kept calling and writing her and pleading for help. Now she is glad to give you plenty of advice but you are going to have to pay her. Victoria is not stupid. She cashed in and now she's moveing on. She is selling her business. Wake up.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.