Notary Rotary
Mobile does not mean instantaneous
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 6/27/05 10:30am
Msg #48106

I just received a call for a general 3-page notarization. Before quoting a fee, I inquired as to whether she was coming to my home office or was I to travel to her home. She had no problem with my fee which included travel. I told her that I had an opening at noon and she replied "that's totally unacceptable -- I need someone right now." CLICK.

Reply by Charm_AL on 6/27/05 10:36am
Msg #48108

I had that happen once, the woman was a little rude about so I told her "Admiral Nelson has me locked in my genie bottle and I just can't make the appearance." That was a real show stopper lol

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/27/05 10:49am
Msg #48113

Great comeback. I'm usually pretty quick with them, but this woman hung up before I could whip one off. They've probably had the docs sitting on their kitchen table for weeks, and all of a sudden it's a crisis.

Reply by Dmartz_IN on 6/27/05 10:43am
Msg #48110

We run into that quite alot. I like this one even more we got your name off the Indiana SOS site we also know you may only charge $2.00 per signature so why are you giving us a fee of $XXXX this is illegal.

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 6/27/05 11:03am
Msg #48116

Re: Mobile does not mean instantaneous - listen to this one

I've a good on for you.... Friday afternoon (EOM) I get a call on my cell from a woman who wants me to notarize a document (I didn't even get to find out what). I say - "OK, where are you located?" her reply "I'm standing in front of your house - I got your address off of SuperPAges and just drove over. I knocked on the door but you're not answering so I thought I would call your cell phone"

I explained to the lady that I was not home, nor would I be returning home for a few hours so if she needed something done right away to try calling another notary or even a Kinkos' (less than a mile away) etc. This was a very difficult concept for her to understand and she keeps on asking me "But aren't you a notary? Why can't you notarize this for me? I'm right outside" I again explained that I was out and would not return home for a few hours and would not be able to help her until late - and even then do I want her in my house?!? She was starting to scare me a little...

Well, long story short - My fiancee gets home 30 minutes later, calls me on my cell and tells that there's a woman parked on our driveway that is insisting that he notarize something for her and if he can't do it can he get in touch with me so that I can get back home to do it - she even wanted to know where I was so that she could come and meet me.

She finally left after he showed her his badge (he's a cop) and told her that I was not home, nor would I be coming hom and that had to leave....

Oh yeah - there are crazies out there.....That is why my address is not displayed on my profile

Reply by Not. in FL on 6/27/05 12:10pm
Msg #48154

Re: Mobile does not mean instantaneous - listen to this one

or the other way, when they tell you they will show up at your place, so that you can notarize something, but they never show up or call to cancel. Jinks!! What a waste of my time!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.