Notary Rotary
No hints please...First American Signature Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by John Charles Gober on 6/7/05 12:27pm
Msg #42951

Has anyone recently passed this qualification. It seems to me several of their question have no possible matching answers.

John the weary.

Reply by Shannon/Va on 6/7/05 1:13pm
Msg #42966

I did it the other day too. Didn't pass. But I know I answered correctly. Some of the questions had no possible answer. One asked about a date giving the year 2005 and in the answers, it gave 2004. Where is that correct answer.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/7/05 2:41pm
Msg #42980

You did not answer that question correctly

The question was what do you put in the first spot

The ____Day of _____, 2005.

The choices were

a) March 29, 2004
b) 29th day of March 2004
c) 29th
d) some other answer I don't remember

Of course, the correct answer is c, the 29th.

Reply by Shannon/va on 6/7/05 10:38pm
Msg #43058

Re: You did not answer that question correctly

yes but the problem was thatmy answers did not have the correct answer of just the number

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/8/05 8:13am
Msg #43121

29 was the answer. C was correct. nt

Reply by CarolynCO on 6/8/05 9:12am
Msg #43127

Re: Shannon - read exactly what Cherilyn wrote

Shannon, you are reading too much into the test question. The question is asking ONLY about the *first* blank, which, as Cherilyn pointed out to you, is the day of the month. Even though the question shows the year as 2005 and *some* of the answers have *2004*, you don't worry about the year, because you are only concerned with the day that gets inserted in the FIRST blank -- don't worry about the month or the year because they don't pertain to the first blank.

Shannon, you wrote **One asked about a date giving the year 2005 and in the answers, it gave 2004. Where is that correct answer**

and Cherilyn wrote **The question was what do you put in the first spot

The ____Day of _____, 2005.

The choices were

a) March 29, 2004
b) 29th day of March 2004
c) 29th
d) some other answer I don't remember

Of course, the correct answer is c, the 29th.**

Reply by CaliNotary on 6/7/05 1:20pm
Msg #42967

You're not missing much by not passing this test. It's a $50 company who recently had an employee on this board masquerading as a signing agent and telling us that $40 was a perfectly reasonable fee for this work.

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/7/05 2:46pm
Msg #42983

Regardless...

Of what FASS pays. That test (at least the SA part, not FASS policies and procedures) is standard and if you're going to be a SA, you should know the answers.

Reply by Ted_MI on 6/7/05 3:51pm
Msg #42998

Re: Regardless...

Cherilyn,

I am not familiar with the FASS test, but I have taken several other tests where certain (say two or three) of the questions on each test were totally ambiguous. I responded to the person who had contacted me, reciting chapter and verse (believe me) as to why they were ambiguous and seeking some sort of direction from that person. And they did respond with I won't say necessarily the correct answers but the answers that they wanted.

All in all, I must say I have not been that impressed with the various tests I have seen , and heh I am not even certified !!

Reply by Cherilyn in CO on 6/7/05 8:55pm
Msg #43036

I took the test this afternoon...

with a different email address as I'm already registered (and have been for years) with FASS. The test was fair and accurate, IMO. Most of the questions were based on how to fill out a standard acknowlegement.

I know that some tests are stupid. They ask you things that you'll never run across, and that's why I retook the FASS test as two friends of mine took it and failed. I was curious when the above posters said there didn't seem to be correct answers listed in the choices.

Reply by Shannon/va on 6/7/05 10:40pm
Msg #43059

Re: I took the test this afternoon...

Did you find any questions that did npt have correct answers? I will re take it again with a different email address tomorow and see if I can get the same questions so I can let you know what I was talking about.

Reply by On The Dot on 6/7/05 11:00pm
Msg #43062

I passed the test but could never get the system to work. I called them but never got a return phone call or email. I would like to see what they have but have been almost impossible to work with.

Reply by John Charles Gober on 6/8/05 10:49am
Msg #43163

I had no problems with #29. However I did have other problems with a recession period in 2004 when the signing took place in 2005.

FASS is fairly active in Northern VA and considering the number of notaries here there rates are competitive.

I am curuous to see the results for those of you who retake. Good luck.

John

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.