Notary Rotary
Off Topic - Fashion
Notary Discussion History

Off Topic - Fashion
Go Back to June, 2005 Index

Posted by Melody on 6/22/05 10:44pm
Msg #46996

Off Topic - Fashion

I live in the Pacific Northwest. I moved here from San Francisco a few years ago.

In the Pacific Northwest, appearance is given little thought. VERY little thought. The "Eddie Bauer" look is as good as it gets. I mean the SUV, not the clothing manufacturer. "Woolworth's Goes Woodsy" would describe our local fashion image.

Oversize plaid shirts, baggy khaki pants, orthopedic-style walking shoes, badly-cut gray hair worn by everyone over 40. And I am only talking about the women. Don't even ask me about the men. Shudder. The words "hair style" and "cosmetics" are alien concepts. The only decently-dressed adults are the gay guys.

I lived in San Francisco for 30 years. I am appalled.

Last week, I was chatting with a savvy gal who recently moved here from New York City.

She asked me: "Have you seen the TV show 'What Not to Wear?'"

I told her I had and that I thought it was funny.

She replied: "If they were to come here, they would stay for YEARS!"

Reply by Victoria/FL on 6/22/05 10:52pm
Msg #47000

I'm no fashion-plate myself, but it is incredible what some people wear! Especially here in Florida where the minimalist of clothes is required; tank-tops and cut-offs are the norm. One could amuse themselves simply by people watching at the mall.

A few years ago I went to Europe and felt downright dowdy in my jeans and loafers. Everyone is dressed to the "nines" and the woman have incredible legs due to walking in high-heals all day (and short-short skirts, I might add). Just ask my husband, who is very anxious to make it back to Budapest. Smiley

Okay, my signing ran waaayyy too late tonight, and now I am wired. I really need to go to bed!

Reply by Melody on 6/22/05 11:17pm
Msg #47013

Victoria: Take your husband to Russia - if you dare!

Russian women must be the most beautiful women on the planet. So many of them have the gorgeous cheekbones, large eyes, and soaring eyebrows of Natalie (Natasha) Wood. The Jewesses are the most beautiful.

The Ugly Babooshka rumors have certainly been started by some group of ugly women.

I used to scoff at the stories of WWII Allied officers who spilled their secrets to Russian women spies. Once I saw the beauty of Russian women, I suddenly realized that the strongest of Allied men would say anything to keep these stunningly gorgeous women close to them.

Russia is very, very poor. If you are not rich, you are scrapping for every bit of decent food you can get.

2 years ago, I was on a train traveling from St. Petersburg to Helsinki. The train briefly stopped at a little town just before the Finnish border. A HUGE and ugly Finnish man was inside the train and standing near my seat. He was talking out the window to a beautiful Russian woman who was standing on the platform. They spoke in English - their common language.

"Will I see you again this weekend, my Darlink?" he pleaded. She blushed and smiled and looked down. "Perhaps" she replied.

"I love you, my Sweetisk, my Dearesk" said the Finn. She blushed and said nothing. She was very much the Coquette.

Life is very, very hard in Russia. Mail Order Brides are a much-advertised commodity. This is the only way some Russian women escape desperation and poverty.

I saw this "blonde" Russian woman on the platform with her pepto-bismal pink suit, white purse & high heels, and Jackie O hairstyle. I thought:
"You work it, Girl! Best of luck to you in getting out of Russia. Your Finnish husband will get a beautiful and grateful wife. You will live past 50."

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.